• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair air 240 build (First Build advice)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The led strip just arrived and ive got to say im really pleased with it. Big thanks on the recommendation. Some pics :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Once you pick a color of LED that you like for the internals that you want to stick with, pick up some colored thin electrical tape in the same color (blue, green, red, etc) and cover the power LED for the case with a little square of it. Now you have a power light that matches your case light. The light comes through the tape very bright. I turned my 500R LED blue from white using this method.

Once you pick a color of LED that you like for the internals that you want to stick with, pick up some colored thin electrical tape in the same color (blue, green, red, etc) and cover the power LED for the case with a little square of it. Now you have a power light that matches your case light. The light comes through the tape very bright. I turned my 500R LED blue from white using this method.

Oo I like that idea. I think I like the blue. I had planned on using the red since my components are red but you can hardly tell anyway with the light. I'll be doing that thanks.

*sigh*... another Zalman victim...
Don't buy anything from Zalman. They just went under for sucking so much. Seriously terrible parts all round. Their coolers are epic fails every time. If you can, return it.

*sigh*... another Zalman victim...
Don't buy anything from Zalman. They just went under for sucking so much. Seriously terrible parts all round. Their coolers are epic fails every time. If you can, return it.

No, they went under from fraud. They're solid coolers.

They perform poorly per $ though.

Zalman has almost always been about getting good cooling into a small package, not necessarily being top-dog.
The cooler the OP got will do well for their needs.

They've made some massive coolers too, but they pretty much owned the low noise crown for a long time.

They've made some massive coolers too, but they pretty much owned the low noise crown for a long time.

Yeah, they've made a few, but nothing along the likes of the Megahalems, TRUE Spirit, or NH-D14.

But their low-profile/low-noise stuff? Great for the money. :)

So it came today and I got it installed. I've been lucky as it was extremely close to not fitting, I really underestimated how wide it is. It's pressed right up to my RAM, is that ok? My temperatures are nicely down so it's getting good contact with the CPU I guess.

Very happy with it actually. It's nice and quiet and has a pretty unique look to it I think.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back