• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair h100 vs Thermaltake BigWater 760 Plus

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

k33n

Hi Masters
can i pls have your opinion
i want to buy one of this 2 cooler
Corsair h100 or Thermaltake BigWater 760 Plus
which one of them will perform better??
thanks for your help.

You haven't mentioned what you'll be cooling. List your system specs.

In general, however, I would pick the H100 for sure.. I wouldn't touch that Big Water at all.

But it depends on what you're cooling.. There may be better options for you. Also you need to make sure your case supports which ever you pick..

Motherboard - ASrock x79 extreme9
CPU - Core i7 975 on stock
RAM - 12GB Corsair Dominator Gt @ 1866 mhz
GPU - still to be choosen
Storage - Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD
Case - Corsair 800D

havent build the system yet but i ve got most items boxed next to me
i am still looking to buy gpu,psu and off course coolling to be choosen from 1 of 2 that i stated.Also what is your opinion Coolermaster Silent Pro M 1000w to power them up??
thanks for your help.

IMHO either would be massive overkill if you are not overclocking.
once i ve built it i will have look what i can do at the minimum level as oc is something i havent done before.
i really want to push the cpu to 4.5 or 5 that is why i am asking help to choose
right cooler.

1, You probably don't need 1000W.
2, I wouldn't buy that 1000W model anyway even if you could.
3, H100 is your best bet (short of a full loop), do not buy the big water. It's frankly crap. And the H100 requires no maintenance once installed. You'll get to 4.5ghz probably, but don't expect to hit 5ghz unless you have a golden chip.
4, Back to the power supply.

If you only are going to get a single graphics card, and do not plan to SLI or Xfire (depending which card), you'd be best served by a quality 650 ish watt PSU.

Depending on where you are buying from I would consider different options. If you are in the US and buying from newegg.

Seasonic X-650 PSU Is the power supply I recommend for a single card setup. (Though if you pick a mid-range card; this PSU will power two mid-range cards fine). Though I'm a firm believer of having a resolution of 1080p or less, stick to a single more powerful card.

What are your plans for graphics card(s)? And what resolution will you be running?

Oh and, not to burst your bubble.. But your Motherboard and your Processor DO NOT WORK together.. The i7 975 is an X58 platform (LGA 1366) CPU. That Motherboard is an X79 (LGA 2011) socket motherboard... They are not compatible..

1, You probably don't need 1000W.
2, I wouldn't buy that 1000W model anyway even if you could.
3, H100 is your best bet (short of a full loop), do not buy the big water. It's frankly crap. And the H100 requires no maintenance once installed. You'll get to 4.5ghz probably, but don't expect to hit 5ghz unless you have a golden chip.
4, Back to the power supply.

If you only are going to get a single graphics card, and do not plan to SLI or Xfire (depending which card), you'd be best served by a quality 650 ish watt PSU.

Depending on where you are buying from I would consider different options. If you are in the US and buying from newegg.

Seasonic X-650 PSU Is the power supply I recommend for a single card setup. (Though if you pick a mid-range card; this PSU will power two mid-range cards fine). Though I'm a firm believer of having a resolution of 1080p or less, stick to a single more powerful card.

What are your plans for graphics card(s)? And what resolution will you be running?

Oh and, not to burst your bubble.. But your Motherboard and your Processor DO NOT WORK together.. The i7 975 is an X58 platform (LGA 1366) CPU. That Motherboard is an X79 (LGA 2011) socket motherboard... They are not compatible..
Thanks for your help

Can you pls tell me what is the cpu options i have got then on x79 mobo as i can sell my 975x as i had enough use off it

K33n, you might want to post your budget, what you have, and what you need to buy in the General Hardware section of the forums.

You should be able to get decent money for that 975. However, you don't NEED to upgrade your CPU, it's still very, very powerful. My 920 is [basically] the quad core version, and I don't see myself changing it anytime soon.

K33n, you might want to post your budget, what you have, and what you need to buy in the General Hardware section of the forums.

You should be able to get decent money for that 975. However, you don't NEED to upgrade your CPU, it's still very, very powerful. My 920 is [basically] the quad core version, and I don't see myself changing it anytime soon.

That'd be fine if he didn't already have the motherboard lol. (At least that's what I gathered from one of his posts.. That he already has some of the parts sitting next to him :\).

That'd be fine if he didn't already have the motherboard lol. (At least that's what I gathered from one of his posts.. That he already has some of the parts sitting next to him :\).

Thats correct,i had 975 for about a year and then got the x79 extreme9 as a gift me being silly me i had a idea i could use the 975 on this board and start buying components to build new system.what i got the moment is as follows

Case: Corsair 800D

CPU: i put my 975x on ebay after this sold probs i go for 3930K

Mobo: Asrock x79 extereme9

Ram:Corsair Dominator GT 6GB DDR3 1866 Mhz Triple Channel

Gpu:Gigabyte GeForce GTX 570 Super Overclock

Psu: Coolermaster Silent Pro M 1000 watt

Cooling:Still to buy Corsair h100

SSD: Still to buy OCZ Agility 3 120 GB

Mjolnir i know motherboard supports quad channel but will my old tripple

channel Rams still work on this or do i have to change them aswell??

Honestly. I'm not sure. When it arrives; just check it and see if it comes up Triple Channel.(I don't think so though.. But I'm not sure).

You already have the power supply? Shame.

Ive only heard bad things about the thermaltake water cooling kits. The Corsair H100 seems to be very good for the price.

T
Mjolnir i know motherboard supports quad channel but will my old tripple

channel Rams still work on this or do i have to change them aswell??

If I May chime in, Any motherboard that is set to take Quad channel memory should also be able to operate tri or dual channel memory, or atleast is supposed to. Refer to your user manual though, you might have to install the memory in specific slots in order to benefit from a triple channel memory configuration. Usually it automatically recognize the tri channel condition regardless of what slots have memory installed, just be sure not to install any other memory that isn't tri-channel, and the motherboard should take care of itself. Just check the manual for that board just in case there's a preferred slot installation order or not.

Cheers & GL, :salute:

woops, didn't notice that. didn't think this would show up so high in a search result.

Heh, a mild thread necro. :rofl:

I'll close it out to keep this puppy dead. If the OP ever comes back and visits, he can ask to open the thread back up.

mudd :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back