• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CORSAIR H40

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LEADSTEPPER

Registered
anyone know anything about the temps u can expect with this closed loop watercooling unit? cant find any review/benchmarks on the net on it

It will all depend on a number of things. Ambient temps, your CPU, and the fans you use with it if you change them out.

By the way, this is the cheapest of Corsair LCLC. It is probably going to give worse results than high end air. I recommend the H80 or H100. Your performance with those coolers will be better than High End air despite what some may argue. The difference may not be huge, but it is better. I also can't find statistics on the H40. However here is a useful chart:

corsair-hydro-series-chart.jpg

Last edited:
The H40-H70 aren't worth it IMO. They're temps can be matched and beated by air heatsinks. As Delta stated, the H80 and H100 are more worth their money.

The 2500k runs pretty cool. The H80 would be your best bet in my opinion. The H100 would be overkill for that CPU unless your going 5GHz+.

Some more options:
-Noctua NH-D14
-Corsair H80
-Corsair H60
-COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO
-COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus

Last edited:
hmm i dont think the h80 is in my budget really £45 is my limit on the cooler the h40 is £45

Yeah, the Hyper 212 Plus or Evo would be good choices. And if there is someone handling them in the UK, the Thermalright True Spirit 140 is a great choice and not too expensive here in the US, at $40. The TS140 simply blows away a 212 Plus (can't speak about the Evo because I haven't tested it).

Back