• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

corsair h80 orrrrr (your info)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stobbsie

Registered
hi guys im still using a socket775 mobo and q9550 and with the help of you guys i overclocked to 3.4ghz which im very happy with and my temps are 51 on 100% load running prime 95 stress ,,,,i know the temps are ok/good but im wanting to get rid of the arctic cpu cooler and try something new i have £100 max to spend on cpu cooler i looked at the h50 h70 h80 as i like the idea of water cooling but that isnt my only option im open to id just like a reliable cpu cooler so if you guys can start pointing me into the right direction i would realy appreciate it ,thankyou guys and gals:salute:

im going from a nzxt lexa case to a Coolermaster Storm Scout Gaming if this helps with choice

I don't think upgrading your cooling will help you much here. You are running 400 FSB, which is where most of the 45nm quads have walls. I know I can't run my QX9650 over 400 FSB unless I put it under dry ice. So, you won't get much more performance, if any. Air is going to be far more reliable than a water cooling kit.

^45nm quads like the q9550 have a much higher chance of going past 400fsb when paired with a good P45 chipset motherboard. I know I was severely limited on x38/x48 with my q9550 till I moved to a p45...man what a difference.

ok guys you both have missred what im saying id like to upgrade to a new cpu cooler must be as good hopefully better than a arctic freezer i have £100 to spend nothing to do with overclocking my cpu further thanks:salute:

I didn't misread your post. I'm simply saying that spending £100 on a cooler that won't even help you overclock doesn't make sense. Put it towards a SSD or something else you could upgrade.

in my system basic score everything is 7.4 until you get to my hdd i think it is it says disc data transfer rate 5.9 so is this the hdd ,,,ps sorry for the noobness

Ignore those ratings, they mean nothing. Pay attention to what limits you during a normal day and upgrade appropriately. If you are running a mechanical disk, a SSD would be a huge upgrade.

Back