• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair HX850/HX1050 PSU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

_Jay_

I have a couple of questions and was looking for some help. I recently purchased a Corsair HX850 off the Corsair website. The reason I bought it there instead of a lower priced retailer is because they had a good deal on a Refurbished HX850 ($84 with Free Shipping). So I placed the order and was supposed to have it in 4-6 days. Well 13 days went by and I still didn't have it and UPS tracking showed it was already past the scheduled delivery date. I called Corsair on Friday and they said they would just ship me a brand new HX850 since the refurbished one was lost and that if it did eventually show, I just ship it back to them and keep the new one. Fast forward to this morning, I get a delivery from UPS and it's my box from Corsair I've been waiting for. I open it up and it is not a Refurbished HX850, it is a Refurbished HX1050. Here are my questions:

1) Should I call Corsair and let them know I received the package finally and not to mail out the new one and just don't say anything about it being a bigger PSU than ordered?

OR

2) Call them and tell them I got it but it was the wrong model and hope they tell me to just keep it for my troubles. Or possibly see if they will send the brand new HX850 send back the refurbished HX1050?

I've never purchased a reburbished PSU before. I've always bought new. I have purchased other refurbished electronic items before and had no issues. I just don't want there to be an issue if it needs to be RMA'ed for some reason.

Call Corsair, tell them the truth about the whole situation. They will probable just tell you to keep the 1050w.

As far as the warranty if it need to be RMA'd, it is what it is. Unless you want to send it back now and buy new. I personally have had good luck when buying refurbed products directly from the manufacturer. Hopefully this will be the same for you.

So I guess I'll learn to keep my mouth shut next time. I called them and explained to them what had happened and she put me on hold to talk to somebody and then came back and said they want the refurb HX1050 back and they will UPS me a new HX850 instead. I told them that I was hoping after waiting more than twice as long as I should have to receive it and then another 40mins on hold on Friday and another 40mins on hold today they would just let me keep it for my trouble and she said no.

Edit: Another follow-up. Just got a call back 10 mins later from the girl who was helping me. She told me to just go ahead and keep the refurb HX1050. What a pain in the *** process this has been lol. I just hope that if it fails, it happens in the first 90 days since that's the warranty you get on refurbished items.

Last edited:
So I guess I'll learn to keep my mouth shut next time. I called them and explained to them what had happened and she put me on hold to talk to somebody and then came back and said they want the refurb HX1050 back and they will UPS me a new HX850 instead. I told them that I was hoping after waiting more than twice as long as I should have to receive it and then another 40mins on hold on Friday and another 40mins on hold today they would just let me keep it for my trouble and she said no.

Edit: Another follow-up. Just got a call back 10 mins later from the girl who was helping me. She told me to just go ahead and keep the refurb HX1050. What a pain in the *** process this has been lol. I just hope that if it fails, it happens in the first 90 days since that's the warranty you get on refurbished items.

I'm a firm believer in doing the right thing because Karma can be a b*$%^, it was the right thing to do. You never know, what could or would have happened if you just kept your mouth shut and kept it without saying anything. :)

Back