• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair Hydro Series H100i V2 Extreme Fan Control Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pepi93

Just installed this CPU Cooler and I'm having some tweaking issues with the radiator fans.

When I open up Corsair Link it reads the CPU Fan at 840 rpm ish and the pump at 1950 rpm ish.

I have Q-Fan Disabled in BIOS and no matter what fan setting I choose under Corsair Link, it always stays the same.

I have the H100i connected as the manual indicates. Both cooler fans plugged into the connectors that come off the pump. Pump Power cable into the CPU-FAN Header. The Corsair Link cable connected to a usb 2.0 header on the mobo...

Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I'd love to have control over the corsair fans and make a custom fan curve for them.

Thanks in advance.

When you go into Link and click on the fan for the h100i you should be able to set the mode to custom. This will let you set a custom profile for the fan. You can "copy" the fan profile to the second fan if it gives you that option.

None of the above suggestions worked. It ended up being a conflict with HWiNFO. I uninstalled LINK, went into BIOS, set CPU-Q-Fan to disabled, made sure HWiNFO didn't start with system and reinstalled LINK. Now all works as it should but this bugs me because I use HWiNFO to display values for my GPU/CPU while in game. Is there a workaround to this?

Try a different overlay software or stop using overlays outsode of tweaking/testing. I find they are nice to see data quickly, but really, i know my cpu max temps, cpu...etc....i dont need that stuff polluting my screen.

Try a different overlay software or stop using overlays outsode of tweaking/testing. I find they are nice to see data quickly, but really, i know my cpu max temps, cpu...etc....i dont need that stuff polluting my screen.

I like the overlay when I play a heavy game so I know nothing is going wrong but I get what you're saying.

Also, HWiNFO has an Link Sensor? Hmm, have to look into that.

MSI AB has a nice overlay with Riva tuner . you can show most settings on your screen if you wish
The graph is frame times
ab.JPG ab2.JPG

Thanks for the heads up on MSI, I use it for my GPU, not sure why I never tried it for CPU also...there must have been a reason?

Also, disabling the Corsair monitoring tabs in HWiNFO did not help, so I'm done with that tool.

I stay away from their whole Corsair ecosystem like the plague, (insert contradictory statements here) other than using CL JUST for the PSU readings. That's it. I use Aquasuite and HWinfo64 for the rest.

Overlapping too many monitoring and control software can create issues. It's best to use a minimalist approach unless you're certain on the apps getting along.

Back