• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair Obsidian 800D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
$400, I would spend my money elsewhere, but at least its not as big of a rip as the ABS Canyon (Ewww).
LOL i just googled that thing.
looks hideous as hell!

yeah this is a nice competitor to the TJ 07. the Coolermaster ATCS is pretty nice as well.

After getting so much bang for my buck in the Antec 300, I'll never spend that much on a case again. It looks great and all, but I wish Corsair had released into other price ranges besides 'too much'.

It is indeed a really nice case. Of all the pics tho, they should have at least shown a shot of the top inside and out. This would've shown an idea if a rad would fit in the top.

Price is sort-of steep in a sense, but then it just came out so that's to be expected. Maybe the price will drop sometime?

If it didn't have the side window, and those odd looking feet, I think it'd look a lot more sleek, in my opinion anyway. :)

Does anyone know if any options will be available?

Don't think they are any options to be had. maybe in the near future?

Im so tempted to sell my HAF and get one of these. I really like my HAF but it has a certain "cheap" feel about it.

If it didn't have the side window, and those odd looking feet, I think it'd look a lot more sleek, in my opinion anyway. :)

Does anyone know if any options will be available?

No options anounced yet, but I can't see them not making a windowsless side panel.

They have planes to move into a lower price range too, so I'm intrested to see what they can bring to the table. I'm thinking that there cheaper lines will have less 'bells and whistles' so might in fact look nicer? Have to wait and see.

Last edited:
I like the idea of being able to fit a 3x120mm rad in a case without having to take out or hack it up. I have to imagine that that case would last for many years and several computers. I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Also, if you guys read that review on legit reviews it looks like corsair went the extra mile and fixed most of the problems that people had with the case after seeing it originally.

yeah...the side panel's shape doesn't really fit the case i reckon.
it looks like it'll cover half of the CPU Heatsink as well...unless you go w/cooling.
i reckon the case would look better with a more rectangular window.

After getting so much bang for my buck in the Antec 300, I'll never spend that much on a case again. It looks great and all, but I wish Corsair had released into other price ranges besides 'too much'.

Lol, I nkow exactly what you mean. I don't think we've the same requirements in cases but the CoolMaster Sileo 500 had exactly that effect on me too.

Really cheap low noise orientated case that just does the job. Nice tool free features (except for the PCI slots, those are useless) and adequate airflow with looks that'll blend into any environment. Perfect ;)

Like the 4 HDD hot-swap bay as standard. Wonder if they included the adaptors for 2.5" SSD's aswell?

"In order to use the hot swap bays you will need to mount your HDD or SSD to one of the four included caddies. No adapter is necessary for 2.5" drives as the caddies have two holes in them for screws to hold 2.5" notebook system drives."

Very nice case, little expensive for my taste, but designed very well from the looks of it.

After all my annoyances with the thermaltake armor case, this one looks amazing. The price tho...how am I suppose to get some SSDs.....bah!!!

Bah! Newegg changed the Release date. It was the end of this week or beginning of next, now its Sept 25! :-(

Back