• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair RM1000e - Too good to be true?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tyerker

I just noticed this guy pop up on PCPartPicker. 1000w, fully modular, 80+ gold, reputable brand, and only $120 after MIR.

The RM1000x is $180

Can this model be trusted? With JonnyGuru not really doing what he used to do any more, where can one look for details on whether or not this is the type of Corsair unit in line with EVGA / Seasonic / etc?

Techpowerup reviews by crmaris are top notch. I haven't seen this unit reviewed in Google so no O'Dea of the internals. I'd guess it's average considering the 'low' starting price (your high quality premium 1kw units are typically well over 200 to start). Im sure it's fine.... :)

Whachya need 1KW for?? Sig doesn't list gpus.

Techpowerup reviews by crmaris are top notch. I haven't seen this unit reviewed in Google so no O'Dea of the internals. I'd guess it's average considering the 'low' starting price (your high quality premium 1kw units are typically well over 200 to start). Im sure it's fine.... :)

Whachya need 1KW for?? Sig doesn't list gpus.
Well, most of the 850W models I trust (Corsair, EVGA, Seasonic) are just as expensive or more than this RM1000e. I also have seen 13900K + 4090 OC'd potentially pulling 900W+, and certainly wouldn't want to upgrade from 650-850W just to upgrade the PSU again in a couple years. I was originally intending on swapping new core components into this case and PSU, but have recently decided to buy all new and sell the old system as-is (minus GPU), so I'd like the PSU to be able to last through a couple upgrade paths. I'm starting with i5 12600KF, but also see 13900K OC'd pulls like twice as much wattage, and that would be my eventual upgrade path.

Given the recent increases in base Wattage and boost profiles for CPUs and GPUs, I worry 850W will barely cut it for a top end GPU in 2-3 years.

I'll let you know when my 850w titanium unit craps out under a 13900k and 4090 (upgraded from 750w, lol). :)

Maybe wait and get a psu with the new 12v standard so you can directly plug into the gpu if you're looking down the road.

You'll be fine with that unit, I'm sure. :)

Back