• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair Vengeance vs. Vengeance Pro Series?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
Hey there,

Since I am rebuilding my system anyway, i found that I might aswell go ahead and get new/more ram. (Not that I need it, but I want it :chair:)

I have 2x Vengenace 4Gb 1866Mhz 9-10-9-27, and i was going to upgrade with another 2 identical sticks. While looking it over, I found that the Vengeance Pro Series 2x 4Gb 1866 9-10-27 only cost $5 more than the normal vengeance.

This got my wondering, as far as specs go, they seem identical! Only difference i find between those 2 sticks, are the looks, the name, and the price.

I will admit upfront, i LOVE the look of the new sticks. I would like to know if there really is a difference between them, or if they are really identical under the heatsink.

IC is for sure different but if XMP profiles are the same ( at least main timings ) then both kits should work together without bigger issues. In the worst case you can set main timings manually and all other on auto then board should read sub timings from memory in the 1st slot.

Honestly, i wouldnt run them together, I would get a new 8gb kit and move the old type (non pro) to my second rig, as 4gb ram aint cutting it there.

I was just wondering if there would big dif apart from looks. What does "IC" stand for?

IC - Integrated Circuit , simply memory chips.
I would get Vengeance Pro as they look much better ;)

They do improve on the looks, and thank you.

I just need to know if im getting the CPU i bid on or not, soon as thats in place, its ordering time! :D

Back