• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cosmos 2 Fans / Noctua NH-D14

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cursed Reality

Just got a Cosmos 2, looking to fill it with some fans, would just like to see some different point of views / recommendations.

Case:

Rear: 1x 140mm Exhaust
Top: 3x 120mm Exhaust
Front: 2x 140mm Intake
Side: 2x 120mm Intake

CPU: Noctua NH-D14

2x 120mm
1x 140mm

So far, I have purchased SP120's for the CPU along with a AF140, and 5x AF120, and 3x AF140 for the case. (Quiet Edition)

Boxes have not been opened, as I am waiting for a couple more parts, so returning these won't be a problem if it comes to that. I have been reading reviews on these and a lot of people are not happy about CFM/Noise.

So what i'm asking is, do you have any reccomendations for other fans, or should I just keep the Corsair's.

Prefferably, if you could pick from the sellection here, http://www.memoryexpress.com/Category/CoolingFans that would make my life easier, but if it comes to the better product, newegg.ca or ncix.com can be an option.

Not really on a budget, more or less looking for the most optimal noise/cfm ratio.

So far, alternatives that I looked into are the Spectre Pro's, and Enermax T.B Silence.

Also, a little info on what's in the case, there are 2x 780s, and soon to be a 4770k next week.

Thanks.

Keep the stock Noctua fans, those are really good.

Everything else looks good to me. Try to find the blue GELID fans, as those are probably the best case fans I've ever seen.

If money is no issue, I'd make ALL the fans Noctua fans. They're really good, move a decent amount of air, and they have a very pleasant, almost not there noise to them.

If money is no issue, I'd make ALL the fans Noctua fans. They're really good, move a decent amount of air, and they have a very pleasant, almost not there noise to them.

I thought about it, but they are not the most...."pleasant" color scheme?
Which fans would you recommend from the Noctua series? NF-S12A for Case and NF-F12 for heatsink?

Last edited:
Back