• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Could we get a Poll on mem brand and FSB speeds?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Simpletech PC2700 2.5,3,3,7 FSB 180-181 (I think I can go to 185 but I have not try yet)

hyperX 4000 256x2,250fsb@3-4-4-8 2.7v <---can play cs condition zero for 10 minutes only then crash, maximum 253fsb@3-4-4-10 2.7v

250.jpg

Last edited:
That buffalo (bh-5 chips) sure does well for its price.

Its good to see less expensive ram right up there with the big brand names.

Chad

skinart said:
That buffalo (bh-5 chips) sure does well for its price.

Its good to see less expensive ram right up there with the big brand names.

Chad

Agreed. And also nice to be on the "having purchased" end of that deal. :D. I debated for weeks on what ram to get. I wasn't far away from spending a whole lot of cash, decided i'd try one 256MB stick of the bufallo. it worked out very well.

How i got lucky... I built my pc at the same time as i built a watercooled nf7 rig for my buddy. We each got 1 stick of bh-5 buffalo, 256MB. Just the other day we ordered 2 new sticks. Guess what? both micron. So my buddy took the micron, and gave me his bh-5 stick. :D. I am overjoyed :D.

sorry to digress from the thread at hand :|.

J.

freinds are good ppl eh? lol

I dont know why they stopped making the bh5 chips :( hopefully it is replaced with a better chip?

if not we just have to slap em round a bit till they come good lol

Chad

skinart said:
freinds are good ppl eh? lol

I dont know why they stopped making the bh5 chips :( hopefully it is replaced with a better chip?

if not we just have to slap em round a bit till they come good lol

Chad

I tested the buffalo with micron chips a bit in my rig. They didn't do as well as the bh-5 chips. Some slapping may be in order. They topped out at about 215 with 11,2,3,2. My bh-5's can do about 235 11,2,3,2. Got my buddy's rig (about the same as mine, he's using the buffalo with micron) @ 220fsb, took 11,3,3,2.5 to get it stable @ 220.

:D.

J.

Back