• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cpu fan error and cpu over voltage error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tansyong

good day!

i have a mobo asus p5pe-vm, dual core processor, upon starting display cpu fan error and cpu over voltage error,,. i try to check the CMOS . the cpu temp. is 64.5c/148F
Vcore voltage; 2.040v
3.3v voltage - 4.080v
5v voltage - 6.528 v
12.v voltage - 13.464v
...what will be the exact ..please help

thanks

Reset CMOS, and maybe replace the battery too.

Make sure the CPU Fan is connected to the CPU_FAN fan connector, as that is the one the board monitors.

holy crap. your vcore is WAY too high, it shouldn't be that high... ever. and your temps... not good for idle. are you sure you cpu fan is working? I'm no expert of core2duo overclocking from what i vaguely recall about them 2v on the vcore is insanely high (1.35-1.5 i think is the range... i could be wrong but i don't think i am)

Yep Azani buddy way too high that's go to die pretty quick at that CPU Voltage. According to this thread its 1.2v to about 1.475 ish depending what Mobo you have there. And Congrats on finally getting rid of the Dell Crap!! AJ. :) ;)

1, http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=1929667

thanks!

a member here (Kylesims) sent me his old machine a few months ago. i've added on since (1080p monitor, new gpu, new cpu cooler) but i'm ecstatic and grateful.

Back