• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Frequency

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Support

Registered
I just finished overclocking my 960T to 3.8 Stable and i wondering if my CPU frequency is supposed to be a 3.8 Constant before it was OC i would dip to 800MHZ and spike up and down to 3.0. Is that ok/natural?

I just finished overclocking my 960T to 3.8 Stable and i wondering if my CPU frequency is supposed to be a 3.8 Constant before it was OC i would dip to 800MHZ and spike up and down to 3.0. Is that ok/natural?

do you have run test with prime95 ?
disable "cool & quite" and "core performance boost" in bios to get constant clock

you just called it stable ?
could you tell me how long you tested it
succesful boot doesn't mean it fully stable :)

Thats not my question. My question is.

I overclocked to 3.8GHZ. Should be frequency always show to be 3.8GHZ Or should it dip down every now and then

Thats not my question. My question is.

I overclocked to 3.8GHZ. Should be frequency always show to be 3.8GHZ Or should it dip down every now and then

Check your power settings min and max power state should be 100% that should keep the CPU at 3.8 all the time.

sure and if you have an Zosma core you can try unlocking the other two cores just for fun (motherboard requires ACC function or unlocking ability)
edit booth the 960T will unlock to the 1605T and the 970T will unlock to the 1705T.

Back