• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU HSF mod that can be used for a 9700np

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gastro54

Hey yall i wondering abuot any mods you can do to a Pentium, AMD, whatever HSF to make it fit on a 9700...

I really don't want to shell out $35 for a zalman ZM-80HP -- thats too much!

are there any mods that can be performed to a CPU HSF to make the cooling comparable to that of a Zalman?

experiences+methology are very appreciated!
thx

9700 pro cooling

I was able to fit the stock heatsink from my 2400+ on my 9700 pro. Its a bit different from most of the stock heatsinks I've seen, but pretty much the same dimensions.

Ordinarily, you'd want to drill holes in the base and make a plate that fits on the back of the card to hold in on there securely. I just superglued it to the shim.

hows the performance on that setup? btw thx for info, i think ill try to use my cheepo $8 heatsink and see how it performs, does the backplate have to be insultated? I have some thin copper plating that i could JB-weld together to make a more stury backplate

When i put a cpu hsink on my card i drilled the bottom of the hsink and used self tapping screws through the original cooler mounting holes.

you may need to make some clerance in the bottom of the sink so it clears the chips on the card but this depends on what card it is im not sure bout radeons.

Back