• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cpu temp rises when ram mhz increases

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It may be that some of the other voltages are being effected by the xmp profile outside of just the DRAM voltage such as the VCCIO voltage or the SA voltage. this could account for some of the heat increase if these are getting boosted automatically.
finally. :)

tweaked it a little more .. [email protected] med AVX -4 . XMP 2666MHz - VCCIO 1.180 - VCCSA 1.100 - DIMM 1.35v .
Passed OCCT Line Pack, 3 hours stress.

MAX heat down to 74c OCCT - Prime95 77c :)

Lets have your opinion on - AIO Corsair TOP Water H115i vs noctua NH-D15 TOP Air...

is AIO worth it, or only custom Water that will work.
Hard to say both are equally good but nothing beats custom loop if done right the temps I mentioned before were with my fans at 900 rpm so very quiet if I crank them up to full which is loud my max temp running OCCT drops to 64c on hottest core I'm also delidded as well if I were you I'd see if there are any review results comparing the two

Found a review comparing several aio to the d15 the kraken beat em marginally in temps 4c lower than d15 but the d15 beat em all for noise coming in quieter now this test used the h100i so I'd imagine the h115i to be comparable to the kraken since they are both 280mm rads

Last edited:
Windows System LOG-

when EIST (speed step is disabled) .. i get this error.

Performance power management features on processor 1 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem

is it only me or all of you.. :)

Haven't seen that issue and unfortunately I just killed my msi m7 board was retimming the core with fresh cryonaut new tube lol and it shot out all over the mobo I tried not getting any in socket while cleaning it but some got in and the pins got messed up while I was trying to clean the socket and since it's highly conductive it's toast now. Just ordered a new board Gigabyte Aorus Z270 gaming K7 thru amazon it'll be here tomorrow thank goodness for prime it's free next day shipping and they're guaranteeing Sunday delivery.

Guess it's time to use the relidding part of my kit and put the ihs back on

Sorry to hear your board died such a horrible way :-( covered/drowned in grizzly paste.. hate when thiz happens! belive me i tried it!

regardz C

Yeah this was their conductonaut product like cool labs ultra metal for between ihs and core they also show it being used between ihs and block but I have the kyronaut for the block part

Back