• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cpu Usage, Physical Memory Usage, Task Mananger

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gaareel

i dont know whats taking up so much memory (i just ran a ccleaner and did a restart and its already up to 40%) and same for cpu. i have nothing running except a few processes which checked and are needed, so what could it be thats taking up so much cpu and ram on my task mananger? heres a picture to better help, im going to run a boot time scan from avast later on as well, thx for any help

You need to click 'Show processes for all users' and make another screen shot. Is that Windows 7?

:welcome:

Well, there's you. Then there is the System. :)

That list in your current screen shot should show 46 processes.

processes.png

How about some system details??
For all we know you could be using 40% of 2GB or 64GB.

4gb, and theres alot more processes showing if i click show process from all users, but its all system. im just wondering if theres something process that has something large in it open but not showing on task mananger, i hear taskhost opens alot of stuff, dll or something, idk

40% RAM usage is very normal for a 4GB system at startup.

Two of the worst system processes that run soon after startup (& can sometimes run for a while) are Windows Update (sometimes called Trusted Installer or MsMpEng) and some antivirus programs. That's why we asked for the All Users screenshot, so we can help you figure out what's running in the background.

Back