• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU-Z core speed changing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If all settings are left at stock, then when the computer is not under load, it down-clocks itself to save on energy and reduce heat. It also employs a turbo mode when there's enough thermal headroom under load on certain cores, which boosts clock speed.

If your settings are custom, then you may be having a problem, in which case we would need more information.

yankee, if you have not done so, go into bios and disable Cool N Quiet, C1E, Turbo, C6 and APM in bios (Note: You may not have the last two in that 880G chipset board). Then go into Windlows Control Panel Power Options and configure it to High Performance. See if that has any affect on the fluctuations you describe.

Trents I think that helped. I disabled C1E and cool and quiet. I did not see Turbo, C6 and APM.

Core speed is stable between 3794.23-3795.44mhz
bus 230.0-230.2
rated fsb 2529.8-2531.2

6 core Temp seems stable between 56-59c running prime for the last 10 minutes

Trents I think that helped. I disabled C1E and cool and quiet. I did not see Turbo, C6 and APM. Yeah, some of those things didn't come along until the 99x chipset but I forget exactly which ones. Check for a bios update. I would think Turbo would should be there.

Core speed is stable between 3794.23-3795.44mhz
bus 230.0-230.2
rated fsb 2529.8-2531.2

6 core Temp seems stable between 56-59c running prime for the last 10 minutes

Back