• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPUZ makes Quad core underated

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RSDXzec

Disabled
In my bios
In Ntune
And in Hardware wizard
They all say i have 2.4Ghz Quad Core
Bios also says multiplier is at 9x

But CPUz says i have 1.6 Ghz and a 6x multiplier

Anyone know the reason for this???

SpeedStep and C1E are kicking in for power saving reasons. Go into yer BIOS and disable both of them for CPU-Z to show 9x. Or put your CPU under a full load with Prime95 or Orthos.

SpeedStep and C1E are kicking in for power saving reasons. Go into yer BIOS and disable both of them for CPU-Z to show 9x. Or put your CPU under a full load with Prime95 or Orthos.

i had the same problem, cpuz and coretemp only showing 1.6ghz (6x). i cant get into bios at the moment as i am remoting onto my pc, but i ran prime95, full load on all cores and it still stayed at 1.6. was only running it for 5 mins or so though, should it have changed by then?

+1 for speed step is kicking in. @duffman69 i would have waited a bit longer being that u were remoting to ur pc it may have just been a delay so u never saw the change in cpuz. doing cpu intensive tasks(loading all cores) and remoting to a pc is almost always gonna lag a bit.

Back