• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crash with XFX RX480 GTR Black edition

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dangerouSoul

hi guys , i´m having a problem and i don´t know what to do more..my xfx rx 480 gtr black edition keeps crashing in every single game between 5 to 30 minutes playing..When i go to Windows events i got this:

System

- Provider

[ Name] Display

- EventID 4101

[ Qualifiers] 0

Level 3

Task 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2017-04-30T21:52:23.772667200Z

EventRecordID 1075

Channel System

Computer DESKTOP-QVAJRLQ

Security

- EventData

amdkmdap

PS: i tried to do qword in registry"tdrdelay" didn´t work, i tried to downclock a bit and didn´t work, i reinstall windows 10 64bit 3 times didn´t work either. i´ll put attachments for you to see and i will translate what its important. Hope you guys can help me out =/

Attachments

• Capturar.PNG
    Capturar.PNG
    27.4 KB · Views: 323
  • Capturar0.PNG
    Capturar0.PNG
    25 KB · Views: 316
Have you ran memtest off a usb ?
Could you also make a screen shot and post from CPUz , for the main tab memory, and SPD

Could you also make a screen shot and post from CPUz , for the main tab memory, and SPD
^^Do this stuff. Could yield positive info. I do have anither suggestion : raise the power limit all the way (to my knowledge this will cause 0 harm but be careful anyway) as this is like turning the power faucet all the way open for your card. Then you can try bumping the voltage a little bit (still should be safe to do, but also be careful still. Too much voltage is bad for your card). This is like adding more flow to your already completely open faucet. Ive got a similar problem and this is how I fixed it. Good luck

Actually i didn´t run memtest..I´ll put screenshot of cpu-z..

- - - Updated - - -

^^Do this stuff. Could yield positive info. I do have anither suggestion : raise the power limit all the way (to my knowledge this will cause 0 harm but be careful anyway) as this is like turning the power faucet all the way open for your card. Then you can try bumping the voltage a little bit (still should be safe to do, but also be careful still. Too much voltage is bad for your card). This is like adding more flow to your already completely open faucet. Ive got a similar problem and this is how I fixed it. Good luck

Ok mate i´ll try it..Did u raise voltage in wattman or msi afterburner??

Attachments

• Capturar1.PNG
    Capturar1.PNG
    26.5 KB · Views: 294
  • Capturar2.PNG
    Capturar2.PNG
    29.2 KB · Views: 296
  • Capturar3.PNG
    Capturar3.PNG
    29.6 KB · Views: 305
Ok mate i´ll try it..Did u raise voltage in wattman or msi afterburner??

I like afterburner so that is what I use, but Ive used wattman and Trix and GPU Tweak. Im pretty certain you can choose whichever one you like.

I forgot about cleaning the drivers. Oy! :)

The conclusion I reached with my own card was that the manufacturer cut to close to the borderline when fine tuning the card to use as little power as possible. I think I just got one of the greedy pig cards (might be the case for the OP as well) that demands a little more juice for the same speeds, even if it is from the factory, it is still an overclock on the card and subject to the rules of overclocking (every card is different and can achieve different max clocks at different volts/etc/etc).

This seems to be a common issue........ There appears to be an issue with Windows Timeout Detection and Recovery on some AMD cards.

LINK

I like afterburner so that is what I use, but Ive used wattman and Trix and GPU Tweak. Im pretty certain you can choose whichever one you like.

Ok i´ll give it a go =)

- - - Updated - - -

I will assume that's clean driver installs as well?

Yes mate.

- - - Updated - - -

The conclusion I reached with my own card was that the manufacturer cut to close to the borderline when fine tuning the card to use as little power as possible. I think I just got one of the greedy pig cards (might be the case for the OP as well) that demands a little more juice for the same speeds, even if it is from the factory, it is still an overclock on the card and subject to the rules of overclocking (every card is different and can achieve different max clocks at different volts/etc/etc).

I always clean drivers with ddu or amdcleaninstall, i´ll try only increasing the voltage.

- - - Updated - - -

This seems to be a common issue........ There appears to be an issue with Windows Timeout Detection and Recovery on some AMD cards.

LINK

That didn´t work with me mate =(.. I´ll try it again..Before reinstall windows i did it a go =(. It doesn´t hurt if i try again.

For what i know is that in benchmarks or stress tests like furmark, heaven, msi kombustor the gpu is rock solid..Over 1h30m without a problem..It crashes only in games..

It crashes only in games..

All games or only certain ones? Other folks might be able to tell you something based on that.

Mine won't pass Heaven @ stock clocks but once I bump the volts (like 12mv) everything is gravy. I blamed my OC at first because J just broke my previous vest for 24/7 usage when it started. But I reverted back and still had the issue, so I dug into it some more. Ive had even better stability since reimaging the C: drive from a backup. Of course now I get BSODs when web browsing.... :facepalm: good luck and let keep us updated

All games or only certain ones? Other folks might be able to tell you something based on that.

Mine won't pass Heaven @ stock clocks but once I bump the volts (like 12mv) everything is gravy. I blamed my OC at first because J just broke my previous vest for 24/7 usage when it started. But I reverted back and still had the issue, so I dug into it some more. Ive had even better stability since reimaging the C: drive from a backup. Of course now I get BSODs when web browsing.... :facepalm: good luck and let keep us updated

Mine passes every single test.. All the games i played it crashed..I think it is resolved now..I did the method tdrdelay dword put value to 8 i guessed it is working now..Played for 50min without problems =)..When i play more i´ll tell something. Ty for helping mate.

Dind´t work..It crashed after 10min =(

Dind´t work..It crashed after 10min =(
What specifically didnt work? Everything I suppose? If you are overclocked with your cpu try reverting to stock and reinstall the driver (dont forget to ddu). You can also try :

Code:
 sfc /scannow

To run the system file checker and insure the integrity of your install. After that Ive got nothing, sorry man :(

What specifically didnt work? Everything I suppose? If you are overclocked with your cpu try reverting to stock and reinstall the driver (dont forget to ddu). You can also try :

Code:
 sfc /scannow

To run the system file checker and insure the integrity of your install. After that Ive got nothing, sorry man :(

I reverted cpu back to stock before..Everything went good with file checker..I even installed a fresh copy of windows 8.1, i will try 7 later =(. Don´t know what to do more..Screenshot on attachments!

Attachments

• Capturar.PNG
    Capturar.PNG
    9.7 KB · Views: 261
Back