• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Creating Game Servers Behind A Router

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Moorsie

Registered
I have recently bought a broadband router and since, i have not been able to create game servers (e.g. Jedi Outcast 2). I have tried all the different settings but when people try to connect it is giving the IP 192.168.0.1 which is the home networking IP address and so not letting them on. Do I need to set anything specific up in the router to fix this? The router is a D-Link DSL-G604T. The computer I'm using is connected by the cat5 cable so it isnt a wireless problem.
Any help/suggestions would be appreciated :)

thanks for the quick reply ... i have my IP but what do I need to setup for port forwarding as i havent used to before and therefore havent got a clue :(

I had this problem with my router also, grab your book or the software or the setup page and read about setting up a DMZ. I eventually got it to work putting my IP into that zone but when you do this your computer is no longer protected by the firewall.

I'm not a gamer, but I took the 'time' to google Jedi Outcast 2, and what I came up with is that you need to port forward the same ports as quake 3 on yur router to the ip addy of the the box running the jedi server, I bet 2 dozen Krispy Kreme donughts, yur manual for Jedi covers what ports it uses for Inet gaming, and then refer to mils links.

<goylaartfm>

Thanks for all the help, server is now up and running :D ... i looked on www.portforward.com as well as places other people suggested, it has a list of different routers and how to set up port-forwarding on each which is very useful.
Thanks again

Back