• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crossfire and FX 8350

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

motherboard1

I'd like to find a motherboard that can Crossfire 2x ATI 7950s and support a High end processor like the FX8350.

I'd also like to know if the same board could take a FX 6100 processor in case I decide to budget on the processor for now.

I'm in Canada, and generally I've been looking on directcanada.com

Last edited:
If you are going to budget on a processor get the FX 6300 not the 6100. So you plan on overclocking it? You also shouldn't double post about the same thing.

If you are going to budget on a processor get the FX 6300 not the 6100. So you plan on overclocking it? You also shouldn't double post about the same thing.

I will probably overclock it at some point if I'm trying to achieve a higher frame rate.

My mistake on the double post. Initially I was worried somebody would call me on asking the motherboard questions in my CPU thread. I'm not thinking straight right now my mind is pulled in so many directions. I've never had so many firefox tabs open at one time before

Last edited:
1, What's this PC to be used for! :shrug:

2, Why bother with Crossfire when one high end GPU is usually more than enough! ;)

3, As MD Said, stick to a FX6300 if you don't really need all them extra cores! :)

4, Choose your Motherboard Wisely, yes they say that this FX6300 works with it, but most of them don't when it comes to Overclocking your CPU! ;) :thup:

5, The Best advice i can say is, go to the AMD Section and read some of the threads on motherboards etc! :attn: ;)

If you want a motherboard that you can crossfire a couple of mid to upper range video cards and be able to OC a AMD FX cpu then I have a couple of bits of advice !
First off don't even bother looking at inexpensive MB's because their power circuits will never handle the current draw of a OC'd FX processor.
The best chioce for a MB is the ASUS Crosshair 5 Formula-Z or the Crosshair 5 Formula.

Yeah, I have the older CHV Formula coupled with an FX8120, now at 3.7ghz easy, I have pushed it to 4.2ghz for benchmarks. The CHVF is easily one of the best platform for AMD FX CPU's. Granted, the FX8120 is not as good as the FX8320/8350, I have no motivation to hop on a Vishera because, well, the CPU has not let me down in games. With 2x GTX670's in SLi mode, games run pretty smooth, even Crysis 3 @1080P at near max, opted for 4xMSAA instead of 8xMSAA, it was smooth going. Hence my reluctance to go Vishera....

Only help I have is make sure you check memoryexpress.com they have 4$ shipping any where in canada and a good selection

Back