• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

crossfire BSOD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
do you still have ULPS disabled or did you enable it again? I would still keep it disabled but if it is working after you switched the PCI-E connectors then you are probably very near the limit of what your PSU will put out. OC'ing might be putting it over the limit which could explain the OC instability.

Games seems to run fine..so thanks for ideas regarding the cables..and yes i think my psu is at its limits..the ulps is disablet

Now i need to save money for a better psu :)

just for the record, its not the wattage/amps that you are at the limit of, its b/c of how your rails are situated. A 750W PSU would be fine (Corsair 750TX comes to mind) as it is a single rail so you would not have that issue.

Glad it worked out! :)

Yes. Its multi rail (4 it appears according to this picture and the JG review). You essentially have 60 total amps on the PSU which can easily power that setup. The problem is each rail can only handle a maximum of 20A each so you are over loading a rail is our guess so far.

+12V1 (yellow with blue stripe wire): ATX12V/EPS12V connector.

+12V2 (yellow with green stripe wire): Auxiliary video card power cable from the modular cabling system.

+12V3 (solid yellow wire): Main motherboard connector, SATA and peripheral power plugs from the modular cabling system.

+12V4 (yellow with black stripe wire): Auxiliary video card power cable coming from inside the power supply and SATA power cable coming from inside the power supply.

Whats really weird is from the same article it says this:
OCP kicked in when we tried to pull more than 24 A from +12V2 input from our load tester (which was connected to the power supply +12V1 through the ATX12V/EPS12V cable). The label says that each rail has a limit of 20 A, so OCP was configured the way we like: close to the limit printed on the label.

then look at the table in the link, only 2 12v1/2...

I dont know. I still think its OCP as if this was single rail, it would easily be fine.

Last edited:
I dident understand much of that table but i believe you :)

Still i cant overclock the "secondary" card in overdrive becaus ethen my blackops crashed, but at least windows survived.

My main card has the artic extreme cooler installed and can be full overclocked in overdrive menu in ccc. But the other card with stock cooler dont like overclock very much

hmm so i should buy another psu with single rails and perhaps another artic extreme cooler.
But atm i dont have 200 $ for a new psu :/

Thats not up to me.. Its up to you and your wallet. I would consider how things are peforming at stock speeds before I go blow all that cash for meager gains.

You dont need $200 for a new PSU though... Corsair 750TX/HX(modular) would be fine ($130/150).

You are right..i will run some test and see if it is worth the money..but a new psu would not harm, so im prepared for the future hardware :)

Back