• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

crosshair formula IV

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amluthe

Registered
Today i finally recieved my crosshair formula and im aware of the several nb issues being told about this specific mobo. I was just wondering how i would check the nb temp on it i currently use HWmoniter ( possibly the TMPIN0 or the TMPIN1) Thanks :thup:

First thing I would do is update the BIOS to 0905, which can be found at support.asus.com

alright then would i be able to check the nb temp throught the bios?

Here's the thing. Amd doesn't really have a "north bridge" so to speak. Most people around here are aware of "two." The Cpu-nb, which is the Integrated Memory Controller (IMC). It resides on the cpu die itself and is cooled just like the cpu. There is no temperature reading for this since the cpu is the same temp.

With that said, the "nb" you speak of if the Amd chipset. I don't believe it has a temperature measure, but I'm not the man to ask about this. The issue you've heard is simply a contact issue between the chipset heat sink and the chipset core itself. You can fix this by pulling the heatsink, cleaning the residue off and reapplying a thermal interface material (TIM).

ah alright, and on that note i installed the new mobo and checked the "nb" temp it usually stays at 45c. Which from the sounds of it is a commendable temp and nothing out of the ordinary like everyone suggests on this specific asus mobo.

Back