• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crosshair VI Hero adding a 3rd SSD to create a Raid 0 in existing Windows 10

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Wicker Man

Is adding the Raid 0 possible in an existing install of windows 10??

I figured I could add drivers, then switch to the raid in the bios. I snagged the drivers from ASUS, set up told me my system wasnt compatible with the drivers, I imagine because bios was still set to AHCI instead of RAID.
My google fu isnt the greatest so I decided to ask here....

Any suggestions or am I gonna have to reinstall WIndows to get this to work???

AFIK the only way you could do that is by cloning your OS disc to the RAID 0 if you intend to boot from it.

my OS drive would stay the same, it's a 250 GB Kingston SSD..

This is for my D drive, I stash my games there, and ran out of room. So I figured I would get another SSD and raid 0 them instead of getting a 1TB SSD....

That should work you just have to get into the raid menu, manual should tell you how or even do it in windows.

Stupid fone, tried to edit my reply, it deleted it......

Anyway, nothing I tried worked, so I installed on a spare drive I have laying around, everything installed fine, but, I couldn't select the windows drive to boot from. I had to do the override thing in the bios each time, windows didn't see any drive as a ssd, so I am just using them as two separate drives, maybe I'll sell them and get a 1tb ssd, which I should have done I guess in the first place...heh

Thanks again for the assistance....

You should be able to set them up as a raid from the disk managenet interface in windows https://www.maketecheasier.com/set-up-raid-windows/

Well, that didnt work either......

But, I did get it through Disk Management, I deleted each drive volume, and crated a new striped volume, selected the second SSD and now it's a 1tb drive.....

EDIT:
Ill run some benchs tomorrow and see if it's slower then a single drive...

Last edited:
Back