• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CROSSHAIR VI HERO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aminov_777

Registered
Hello, my RAM (F4-3200C14D-16GVR) resets the default frequency (2133 MHz) every 3 days. The frequency is set to 3200 MHz. The frequency was set manually and through the XMP profile. The memory voltage is 1.37 V. Who had a similar problem, tell me, how did you solve it? My CPU is R5 1600X.

That ram should be running OK in that board. There's a setting in the advanced> AMD CBS > DDR4 for a retry count before it resets the memory. Try setting it to 3. Also on that motherbard with that ram these settings should work they were put together by the Stilt

DRAM CAS# Latency [14]
DRAM RAS# to CAS# Read Delay [14]
DRAM RAS# to CAS# Write Delay [14]
DRAM RAS# PRE Time [14]
DRAM RAS# ACT Time [28]
Trc_SM [54]
TrrdS_SM [6]
TrrdL_SM [9]
Tfaw_SM [36]
TwtrS_SM [4]
TwtrL_SM [12]
Twr_SM [12]
Trcpage_SM [Auto]
TrdrdScl_SM [2]
TwrwrScl_SM [2]
Trfc_SM [333]
Trfc2_SM [Auto]
Trfc4_SM [Auto]
Tcwl_SM [14]
Trtp_SM [8]
Trdwr_SM [6]
Twrrd_SM [3]
TwrwrSc_SM [1]
TwrwrSd_SM [7]
TwrwrDd_SM [7]
TrdrdSc_SM [1]
TrdrdSd_SM [5]
TrdrdDd_SM [5]
Tcke_SM [6]
ProcODT_SM [60 ohm]
Cmd2T [1T]
Gear Down Mode [Disabled]

That's in order as they appear in the ram timings section. Also set your SOC voltage to 1.05V and ram to 1.37V
Let us know how it goes

Thank you, if everything works out and there will not be a reset, then after 4 days I'll unsubscribe ...

A week has passed since I used your advice on setting up BIOS. I used the following settings:
1. Advanced -> AMD CBS -> UMC Com. Options -> DDR4 Com. Options -> FAIL_CNT set from "1" to "3";
2. Gear Down Mode in "Disabled";
3. Believe Dovn Enable in "Disabled";
4. SPEED-CM -> 60 Ohm.

Thanks for the help...

Well, did Johan45's advice enable you to run the RAM at 3200 or not? What was the result? You didn't say.

Well, did Johan45's advice enable you to run the RAM at 3200 or not? What was the result? You didn't say.

So my RAM now works at 3200 MHz. The problem was that when I set a different frequency from 2133 MHz, in 3 days RAM or motherboard reset the frequency of dents. But I did not fully use the advice of Johan45 (I did not expose timings), but did the rest.

The timings are important as well for stability some XMP profiles just don't work that well

The timings are important as well for stability some XMP profiles just don't work that well

Hello, I wanted to clarify one thing: you set the parameter "DRAM RAS # ACT Time" as "28", but where is the factory value "34", will it work normally?

P.S. the timings for my memory F4-3200C14D-16GVR?

Yes that should work with your memory and most Samsung based kits in general on the CHVI

Back