• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crucial Ballistix 1GB (2 x 512MB) DDR2 PC2 6400 Dual Channel Kit $10.99 - NewEgg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Limit 2 rebates per product per household. Rebate must be postmarked by 02/03/08. I'm grabbing two. Hope they still have some in stock by the time my money order arrives.

Crap. Just noticed they need 2.2 volts. My board can't run these. :(

Last edited:
Whoa, GREAT DEAL! In for two. These will come in quite handy for building out a possible folding layer.

EDIT: I gotta stop checking this forum!

If these are as good as some of the other Ballistix that 2.2v might take you up to 500mhz FSB pretty easily.

Great deal for folding farms for sure.

Was thinking it might be worth it at $20 for 2 sets shipped just to have around in case it is needed for something in the future. Hmmm. If you buy 2 on on receipt do you just mail 2 rebates?

EDIT: Ordered 2 for $91.98 shipped. Above question is still valid.

Last edited:
No. I have done multiple rebates like this before and I send in one UPC for each item. I also put in a note of my intentions but it has worked for me with and without the note.

No, you just send in one rebate request. I have already done this with Crucial so I know this to be accurate information.

For what its worth, I always include a cover letter with all my rebate claims. I state exactly what is included in the mailing, as well as the quantity of items eligible for rebates, if more than one, and the total dollars that I am expecting back.

I attach UPC codes to the bottom of the cover letter so that there is no chance they will be "lost in shipping". I circle them with a hi-lite marker so they can't be missed.

Keep copies of everything.

This is a great deal, by the way, and I might just have to jump on it...OK, change that to "did jump on them". :)

By the way, these are also some attractive choices...don't let the DDR2-667 speed fool you on the last two links. Ballistix use basically the same chips on all of the Ballistix, just bin to minium standards. They all overclock like crazy, of course, some just better than others but you guys know how that story goes! If you look at the prices, the 667s in 2x512 cost more than the 800s, but in the 2GB kits, the 667s are cheaper. In the end, they are all basically the same.

The same PC2-6400s in 2x1GB are going for $55 shipped, after $25 MIR

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820146565

2x512MB PC2-5300 for $15, after similar $35 MIR

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820146568

and the same in 2x1GB for $47 shipped, after $15 MIR

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820146567

Last edited:
(Free 3 Business Day Shipping )

Just a thought here, make 2 separate orders. Order one set, pay for it that, order another set. Shipping is free so theirs no penally doing it. That way you get two separate invoices.

You don't need two invoices to get your two rebates...read my previous post...I have already filed and received rebates when purchased together in a single invoice.

Your way would require that you send two mailings vs a single one...more more for no benefit.

OK, thanks for clearing that up...I clicked on every link in this thread and wasn't getting the $20.99 so I was kinda perplexed. :)

No. I have done multiple rebates like this before and I send in one UPC for each item. I also put in a note of my intentions but it has worked for me with and without the note.

That's correct. I've done two multiple-item Crucial rebates and I was told by Crucial chat rep and email that the proper way is to fill out two rebate forms with one UPC attached to each. I just made an extra copy of the invoice and stapled each set (form with attached UPC and invoice copy)x2 together and mailed them in one envelope. Other ways probably work as well but I'd just as soon do the 'right way,' I suspect that each rebate form generates its own rebate check with this method and it may get fulfilled faster if it can be done automatically by scanning.

Copied from the rebate form:

To receive your rebate check by mail follow these 4 conditions of acceptance:

1) Purchase the Qualifying Product(s) during the Promotion Date range listed in the top left corner.

2) Remove the Original UPC Barcode from the Qualifying Product packaging. Copies of the UPC do not qualify.

3) Complete all information requested on this form accurately and legibly. Limit (2) two rebates per product per address, except where prohibited by law.

4) Mail the Original UPC, a copy of your receipt with purchase circled and this completed offer form to the address below.

I am of the opinion that the Crucial rep that you spoke with was perhaps expressing their opinion, as there is nothing in the instructions that would lead you to conclude that two forms is the correct way for multiple quantities of the same item on the same invoice. Perhaps if you had multiple invoices/transaction then that might be the preferred way.

There is no way that the "correct way" is to file two separate claim forms when the purchase was made on a single transaction.

The form clearly states in item #3 to complete the form and then indicates a "limit of 2 rebates per product per address". It specifically address the purchase of more than one of the same item.

I don't know if you took offense somehow or are just trying to make an argument out of nothing. I was merely relaying the facts given to me by Crucial more than once when I specifically asked them about rebates with more than 1 allowed and the purchases on the same as well as different invoices. The directions on the form really don't say anything special about how to get multiple rebates, it just mentions how many you can get and half the references are singular not plural. If it was truly crystal clear the smart folks on these forums wouldn't wonder about it so much ;) I also think you missed this part of my post:

Other ways probably work as well

I wasn't saying it's the only way or that other ways don't work as well. So just relax and have a :beer: or :soda: :)

I don't know if you took offense somehow or are just trying to make an argument out of nothing. I was merely relaying the facts given to me by Crucial more than once when I specifically asked them about rebates with more than 1 allowed and the purchases on the same as well as different invoices. The directions on the form really don't say anything special about how to get multiple rebates, it just mentions how many you can get and half the references are singular not plural. If it was truly crystal clear the smart folks on these forums wouldn't wonder about it so much ;) I also think you missed this part of my post:

I wasn't saying it's the only way or that other ways don't work as well. So just relax and have a :beer: or :soda: :)

I didn't take offense to anything you said...I completely believe that you were simply sharing what the Crucial rep told you...I just take exception to what the rep said...the part about filing two forms being the "proper" way.

Quoted from your post:

I was told by Crucial chat rep and email that the proper way is to fill out two rebate forms with one UPC attached to each. I just made an extra copy of the invoice and stapled each set (form with attached UPC and invoice copy)x2 together and mailed them in one envelope. Other ways probably work as well but I'd just as soon do the 'right way,'

I simply don't believe that what he said is Crucial policy, but instead, his opinion...he has no basis for making that claim.

I base that statement on the fact that while the rebate form doesn't state how to get multiple rebates...it does address multiple rebates but makes no mention of multiple forms, nor of making copies of the same invoice and including it twice...once with each completed rebate form...then including it all in the same envelope. If Crucial preferred you send muliple rebate forms it would have indicated as such on the form, otherwise, either way is proper.

Both ways have been confirmed to work to file as you please. I'll continue to use what works for me.

Again, no argument with anyone here.

Back