• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

900 dollar build comments please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I was reading 5750 not 5770.
Clearly i needed more caffeine (fixed that now, yay red bull).
5770 stomps the 4850 in almost every benchmark, you're right.

Go 5770!

great suggestions i will consider the i5 now might buy on friday, btw its 900 with the OS might be able to get a student discount though

Try downloading CCleaner, and running some registry fixes and cleanups, it might speed things up. I also recommend Avira antivirus which is free.

ended up going to frys and having a shopping spree!

was originally going to go with the
i5 deal but they were out of stock

went with the following instead

antec three hundred case
ocz 600w power supply
phenom II x3 720 BE
Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P
4 GB patriot DDR3 1333 ram
WD caviar blue 500gb
diamond radeon 5770
Viewsonic 22'' lcd 1680x1050 with speakers
logitech Wave keyboard and mouse combo
windows 7 x64 premium oem

the dad went a little crazy, wanteda blu ray drive too advised him to wait for it to get cheaper
all for $1202 including tax
minus the monitor and keyboard it would be a little over 900

Last edited:
yea i got the 3 year cpu/mobo warranty, apparently they'll replace it even if overclocked

yea i got the 3 year cpu/mobo warranty, apparently they'll replace it even if overclocked

Read the fine print on that warranty. The salesmen will tell you anything and then when you go in for warranty they will tell you it's not covered and the salesman just told you wrong and you are SOL.

I'm sure they'll replace it if they can't tell it's overclocked. I'd be very, very surprised if they replaced it knowing it was overclocked. Salesmen lie, it's an unfortunate fact of life. Plus they might not even know, it's not really in their best interests to know all the fine print.

My point was if he walked in the store and was saying that he overclocked it and fried it and wanted it replaced and then the store tells him that isn't covered.

Back