• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crysis Demo: What a great game.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eye of the hawk

I finally got around to playing the demo and man...what a great game all around. The suite dealy is fun to play with, the flexibility in which you can complete a mission, yet a fairly "linear" model is balanced perfectly, graphics are obviously stellar. But here is what impressed me most about this game because all too often it is overlooked: SOUND

I have a $400 set of 5.1 surround sound speakers and a $150 sound card. It always works like a charm, but the games that implement 5.1 (7.1...1000.1 now days) just do it poorly. You usually have dead spots as the sound transitions from one side/front to the other/back and you often just don't have much of a sense of where things are coming from.

In crysis though, a plan sound comes from my back left and slowly and accurately transitions to the front right, i look up and there it is flying by just as it sounds like it is. They did a hell of a job on this game...

Not sure when it comes out, but yeah thats what I meant. I didn't know it was episodic till i finished Crysis

I was SO excited waiting for the next load screen...

but it didn't come.

My I was ****ed... :mad:

I don't have the hardware to handle it, but I've played the demo on my friend's computer and it was pretty impressive. I'm not sure if I like the direction they took with the "powers" or whatever they are referred to as. I think in the case of this type of game I would prefer the direction they appear to be taking with Far Cry 2.

I don't have the hardware to handle it, but I've played the demo on my friend's computer and it was pretty impressive. I'm not sure if I like the direction they took with the "powers" or whatever they are referred to as. I think in the case of this type of game I would prefer the direction they appear to be taking with Far Cry 2.

I thought the suit concept was pretty cool. Perhaps it has sensors that sense when muscles are contracted and uses some material that flexes like muscles when electricity is applied. Have a rechargeable onboard battery and you have super strength, quickness, etc. It makes me wonder if it's possible and if something like this is already in the works. I've seen pneumatically powered suits sort of like that but their range and agility is lame.

Back