• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crysis

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sygdom

Registered
I just installed the Crysis demo and was very dissapointed at the performance of my computer. I definitely have all the recommended requirments but the game still seemed choppy any advice. I even selected the option for it to scan and select the optimal settings and it put everything at very high but I dont' know it was pretty bad

The game just demands that much. Even my 9800GTX struggles with it.

Computer specs?

Sorry, forgot to ask what settings, resolution and framerate?

To give a comparison, my 9800GTX running at 837/2100/1200 gets 35-40 fps with everything on High, no AA IIRC.

Yup CCC lvl 4 did have very nice results on my side as well. Getting nice quality, yet playable frame rates. Mind you I was playing at 1280x720 to get these results. Getting decent FPS.

I got a thread I was testing my soon to be old 8800GT in Crysis and what settings and such it was playing at. Take a gander. Crysis for most part is highly playable with LVL 3 of LVL 4 settings at 1280x720 using this pack, if you tried to use the high settings or ultra-high you might be on the verge of pushing it with even that res especially in later levels.

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=568751

OCing the quad might help out in the long run with the physics processing ingame.

Back