• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Current value of bh-5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pwnt by pat

I might be selling my ram listed below and I know that bh-5 is extremely rare nowadays. The ram is 2-2-2-6(or 5) bh-5 2x512 pc3500 and I'm wondering what it's value would be nowadays. I bought it for 350-375 last December (I don't recall the actual price). It did 240 at 2.9v. This is not an ad, I'm just curious of their worth.

If this goes against the rules, I'm sorry and please delete the thread.

I have RAM with BH-5 chips in the classified ads and I have not seen much interest yet. On the other hand, eBay seems to be still selling them for a good price.

its too damn pricey is the problem with selling them.

finding someone willing to pay 350-400$ for any ram is just a hard sell.

that is their rough value though IMO. you paid alot.... you sure you have that right? the pc3200 lvl 2 was only 230 about 2 months ago.

this stuff is still expensive either way. try it on ebay and see what you can get. more than likely you can get what you paid for it. gl

good lord, thats gonna be 400 by the end of the auction. 400 for memory? i know its great memory but rather save my $ :rolleyes:

There are a lot of dumb people on eBay. People here at the forums are less willing to shell out $350-400 for ram (even if it is godly BH-5).

that is their rough value though IMO. you paid alot.... you sure you have that right? the pc3200 lvl 2 was only 230 about 2 months ago.

That's for two 512mb sticks of level 2 3500 retail. I think that's about right for the price. Thanks everyone, I'll see what will happen.

I think that you guys hit the nail on the head with your comments about ebay.

I suspect that the majority of the buyers on ebay do not hang out at forums and that leads to them buying the bh-5 are higher prices because they have been told that this stuff is great, is no longer available at retail (for the most part) and that there is no alternative, now that Winbond no longer produces it.

The guys that lurk around the forums KNOW that it is great, but also know that if you can't give it juice, you can't get the most out of it; they know that even though it is not produced anymore, it can be had through the classifieds and from friends; and they also know that there are now some alternatives (EB for example). And lastly, we're mostly tightwads, which is why we overclock:)

I also think that maybe the price climb for bh-5 has started to slow down and may be over. With the release of new platforms, the current technology will be old news and people are not going to shell out top dollar for ram to run on old stuff. Would anyone here pay $200 for a 32mb stick to run on your P2 system? Not very likely and in the end, that's what all the Winbond ram will end up like.

Last edited:
Anybody got any old bh-5 that they want to get rid of, now that it is nearly worthless? If you pay for shipping, I'll go ahead and take it off your hands. You know, just help you clear out the clutter in your room. Just trying to lend a hand to a friend, thats all:)

I think its worth to switch from bh5 only if you have extreme cooling, like a mach or vapochill that will allow you insane FSB and with the 3700EB and enough voltage you will be able do that insane FSB with x-2-2-x timings. Not everyone can or dares to perform a volt mod, bh5 i useless fow people with unmodded boards. The only reason i am not selling mine is because of its emotional value :)

Heres another nice deal one ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3482736314

Back