• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

D-Tek Fuzion V2 block

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Giz

I'm using this block on my Phenom quad CPU,

Fuzion.jpg

and following the advice from the shop, NOT using the "Optional Quad Core block insert".

I was told it was only needed for Intel quads cause their cores are basically 2 duos joined together. I've looked on the D-Tek site and it doesn't mention the Phenom. Also, the insert doesn't come with the block but is sold separately. Anyone here got one of these on a Phenom and using the insert, or the nozzle kit?

Last edited:
I had contact D-Tek Support b4 about this:
RE: D-TEK FuZion v2 CPU Block and Quad Core Mid Chamber Insert
Dear Sir,

I just received this water block which I purchased from CrazyPC.

I would like to know if it's advisable to replace the stock chamber insert with the Quad core insert if I have the AMD Phenom CPU.

Regards,

Forward

D-Tek (Support)
to me

show details Jun 26

Hi ,

I I remember correctly the Phenom is a single die chip so the stock configuration would probably work best for ya :)

Thanks,
Daniel Salandra
D-TEK Performance Liquid Cooling
www.dtekcustoms.com

Thanks for the reply hata28. So your running the block without the inserts too, yeah? Good to know i'm not on my own!.

Anyone here tried the Phenom WITH the inserts or optional nozzels? The only threads i can see people using them are with Intels. Just wondered what the temperature difference would be, if any?

hata28:
What's your load CPU temperature? Mine is about 42-44C and ambient temp of 25C
wow, they are low at load! Mine stays around 44 at idle! Running 2.9ghz @ 1.33 volts. Loads around 51-53 degrees. Drop the volts back to 1.3 and the temps are around 39-40 idle. Unstable at that though running Prime95 .

NewPicture.jpg

Anubis_386:
The point of the Quad insert is so the flow is split over each die evenly
Yep. The block goes some way to splitting the flow already though with the pins and corner fins.

dtek-.jpg

just wondering if the temps would come down with the insert.

Well, not forgetting you Overclock and 125W CPU....mine is at stock speed. Maybe you'd check your flow and the fan of the radiator.

Asus Crosshair Phenom 9500 Quad 2.2 Ghz D-Tek FuZion V2 CPU Water Block Mushkin 996533 4GB EVGA Geforce 8800GTS 640MB X2 SLI Swiftech Stealth Extreme Duty G80 Rev 3 VGA Waterblock Zalman ZM-GWB8800 GTS GPU Water Block SB Audigy Seagate ST325041 250GB WDC 250GB Swiftech MCP350 In-Line 12V DC Pump Swiftech MCW30 Chipset Water-block XSPC "Bay-Res" Pump/Reservoir Combo XSPC X2O Delta chipset WB Saint-Gobain Tygon R-3603 Clear Tubing 20' 3/8" ID Black Ice® GT Stealth 120 Highest Performance Radiator Antec NeoPower 650 Watt Blue LED PSU Windows Vista Ultimate x64 SP1 Sunbeam UFO CUBE Acrylic Case Sunbeam RHK-EX-BA Rheobus-Extreme Fan Controller Panel

Last edited:
(I just love how shiny my block was inside) .. The Quad core insert shouldn't do a thing for performance on your Phenom because its only single die (native quad core). Thinking about it, using the Quad insert might have an adverse effect because instead of all the flow being directed straight down onto middle of the single die of your chip it'd be split and then glance the die on each side.

You're better off using one of the single inserts.

1) Tiny
2) Semi-Tiny
3) Medium
4) Large
5) Quad

I would go with either #1 depending on your pump and rad. Or #2 for a bit more flow. As these guyz just mentioned, you have a single die Quad-core so you will only see a benefit with a single hole insert nozzle. The Quad core nozzle is made for Intel Quad cores that have 2 dies splitting the cores.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

hata28:
Well, not forgetting you Overclock and 125W CPU....mine is at stock speed. Maybe you'd check your flow and the fan of the radiator.
Ah, so yours is stock? Thought you were getting those temps under load with an overclock! My specs in the sig. MCP655 pump with 120x3 rad. 1/2 pipe.

Anubis_386:
(I just love how shiny my block was inside) .. The Quad core insert shouldn't do a thing for performance on your Phenom because its only single die (native quad core). Thinking about it, using the Quad insert might have an adverse effect because instead of all the flow being directed straight down onto middle of the single die of your chip it'd be split and then glance the die on each side.

That makes sense. That's the answer i was looking for when i started this thread. Thanks Anubis! ;)

Nebulous:
You're better off using one of the single inserts.
That makes sense to. Using 1/2 pipe, the cpu block could probably do with some restriction to speed up the flow in there and make it more turbulent. It might knock 1 or 2 degrees off the temps. So you'd try nozzle #1 or #2 with the 655 pump and 120x3 rad?

Hi Guys..I have a Phenom 9850BE details can be seen in sig... but esentially I am running 24/7 at the moment at 2.9Ghz and 1.475v..

I had a Thermaltake Big Water 745 watercooling kit initially however when the pump failed I modded up a custom WC kit comprising:

2 x XSPC RS240 raidators
XSPC Dual Bay reserovir and Pump combo
4 x Theramaltake A2018 Smart-eye 1300-2800RPM 93CFM Max Fans on the first radiator in a push/pull configuration
2 x Thermaltake A2018 fans on the 2nd radiator in a push config...
1 x Thermalatake Big Water 745 CPU Waterblock

All fans running at approx 2000RPM at present...

In Everest Ultimate I have idle temps of 35C (CPU), 36C (Cores#1~#4), and load temps never exceed 43C for the Cores and 40C for the CPU overall....all cores fully loaded using Everest Stability Test..

tempspic.jpg

temppic2.jpg

The above was only a 15min test, to get an idea, but you can see in the graph that the temp levelled out at a maximum of 40C for the CPU... I left out the individual Cores on the graph as it was confusing with them being so close together...!!!

Anyway I felt that I wanted to improve the CPU WB, and so have decided to get an XSPC X20 Delta V2 CPU waterblock.... I wanted to get something better like the Swiftech GTX or the EK Supreme, but these have too high a restriction for my pump, so I opted to get the lower restriction X20 Delta instead....

I guess what I'm asking is what sort of temps shoud I expect to be getting on this kind of setup.....given the higher heat output from a 1.4v Vcore and the 2.9Ghz OC...??????

EDIT: PS:A slideshow of the external watercooling setup I rigged up can be seen at this link: http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k281/Kazphill/?action=view&current=1f046259.flv

TIA

OOpss...sorry...yes I should have really started a new thread.... I was reading the posts on this thread, and reading about the restriction of blocks, and flows etc...

And saw as well that the OP was also using a Phenom 9850, nearly all posts I see for WC are for Intel CPU's so it was nice to get some info on another 9850BE... I got all caught up and posted here....

I just upgraded my mobo from Crosshair to M3N-HT Deluxe and my Load Temps are:

AsusM3N-HTDeluxe.jpg

Asus M3N-HT DELUXE-Phenom 9500 Quad 2.2 Ghz- D-Tek FuZion V2 CPU Water Block- Mushkin 996533 Kit XP2-8500 4GB- EVGA Geforce 8800GTS 640MB X2 SLI -Swiftech Stealth Extreme Duty G80 Rev 3 VGA Waterblock -Zalman ZM-GWB8800 GTS GPU Water Block -SB Audigy- Seagate ST325041 250GB WDC 250GB- Swiftech MCP350 In-Line 12V DC Pump with XSPC top -Enzotech SNBW Rev.A Northbridge Waterblock-XSPC X2O Delta Chipset Waterblock- XSPC "Bay-Res" Pump/Reservoir Combo- Saint-Gobain Tygon R-3603 Clear Tubing 20' 3/8" ID -Black Ice® GT Stealth 120 Highest Performance Radiator - XSPC RS240 Radiator-Antec NeoPower 650 Watt Blue LED PSU -Windows Vista Ultimate x64 SP1 -Sunbeam UFO CUBE Acrylic Case- Sunbeam RHK-EX-BA Rheobus-Extreme Fan Controller Panel

I just upgraded my mobo from Crosshair to M3N-HT Deluxe and my Load Temps are:

Hi...yes I was just looking at the thread you posted for the M3N-HT..

I think those are about the right sort of temps for the 9500 Phenom, its a lower TDP CPU to start with a LOT lower than the 9850, the stock Voltage for the 9500 is 1.2v whereas the stock voltage for the 9850 is 1.3v

When you start adding to the already higher voltage on the 9850BE the TDP rises to above 140W when overclocking.

The TDP for a 9500 is 95W @ stock whereas the TDP for the 9850 is 125W thats a 30% higher amount of heat to dissipate compared to a 9500...

9850 overclcoked to 2.9Ghz and 1.4v gives a TDP over 200W which is more than double the amount of heat that needs to be dissipated compared to a 9500 @ stock speed and voltage

This is the only reason for water-cooling, if your running a 9500 @ stock voltage and speed it really doesn't need water cooling at all, its temps will be low enough on air...IMO.

No for you to actually be seeing any benefit from all the hard work you put into your amazing water-cooling then you need to get a CPU that uses it...the 9500 just doesn't make use of all that heat dissipation you have in your water-cooling rig...... well unless you can OC it to 3.0Ghz plus, but its very rare to find a 9500 that will OC to even 2.8Ghz, and temps aren't the issue with it.... they are out there, but very far and few between...

I had a 9500 that I was using my Thermaltake Big Water 745 kit on (hardly the best water-cooling) and it kept the temps in teh mid-high 20C range as well.... and that was using a single 120mm radiator.... try overclcoking that 9500 and watch your temps then and see the difference. It'll be really interesting to see how it performs..... I got rid of my 9500 because it wouldn't OC any higher than 2400Mhz, which was no use to me TBH....!!

I'm still not happy that the 9850 won't stay stable at 3.0Ghz, I'm waiting to see if the nw SB750 mobos will help to get it to over 3.0Ghz and stable.

Back