• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Damn this 650 is sweet!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
dylskee said:
Hey Stratcat, thanks for the praise, :attn: and i do have to admit that most of this overclock is LUCK! You never know what your going to get when you buy one and it looks like i got lucky. :D Excellent points you bring to light also. I wouldn't be too jealous either, you've got a pretty good setup there your self!

Thanks 3DFlyer, i found that option and tried it but i actually got a slightly lower score when i shut it off. :shrug:

It was higher with vSync? Dang. LOL That's a new one. Now I gotta go find the reason for that. Every one I've seen it will raise it slightly when it's turned off. That's actually a good thing though if you can leave it on, becasue you want it on for gaming. No need to turn it off that way. That's interesting. I will watch for that in the future.

Guys in the 4.7GHz and above, I would opt for water or phase if you're gonna run it like that all the time. That's gonna take some serious voltage, and it definitely needs to stay cool. Gaming at that level without water or phase could mean danger...as in the mystical magical smoke may be expelled. Watch the temps.

Alot of these guys on here are using sub zero cooling, so be sure to check out their sigs for what they are using with what clock rate.

BTW, what do you guys think of 2v vCore and that 7.47GHz OC? hahaha That's insane isn't it? I love it! The big bad 747 flying along at 34,000 feet. hahaha :)

I hope my new rig (p5wd2, 650, 7800 gt, PQI turbo), can get some numbers similiar to yours dylskee, very nice btw. Haven't had alot of time to mess around with settings but running at 4.1, 1.3875V as of now, but I feel this chip has a ways to go.

dylskee, Very cool rig and congrats on the OC. My question to you is that I have been looking things over in my bios on my P5WD2 and don't know how you are getting a 3:4 ratio. Where is that setting or is that only on the P5WD2 Premium. My wife handed me 1100 to spend on a new computer so I got some parts. Now all I want to do is move the FSB so that the throughput on the FSB will match my dual channel 533 sticks. Seeing what you have done already has helped confirm what I can do to this thing. Any advice would be tight.
Thanks.

dylskee said:
650 SL7Z7 Costa Rica 04A
3535B263

Ok, this is strange. I just ran pcmark04 at stock speeds just to see what kind of numbers i would get, @3.4GHz 5275. :eh?:
So i figured i would lower the multi and crank up the FSB, i went to 265x14= 3.71GHz, 5473. (Pcmark04 says it's running at 4.513GHz) I went to 285x14= 3.99GHz, 5859. These are horrible scores to say the least, i don't have anything running in the background either. I disabled my antivirus and killed all programs that were running. Does it have something to do with pcmark thinking i'm running a 17 multi but i'm really running a 14?

Has anyone else experienced such low pcmark04 scores with a 6xx series cpu? I got 7970 with my 830D, i would think i should be somewhere near that with a 650.

can the 630 use a lower multiplier aswell or only the 650's and up?

I think the 660 is the only 6xx chip that you can use any multi. The others you can either select the max or min multi using speed step.

Alchemy1 said:
I think the 660 is the only 6xx chip that you can use any multi. The others you can either select the max or min multi using speed step.

yeah sorry that what i meant a lower multiplier i was thinking of getting the 630...but for some reason i think the 650+ has that option

Back