• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Danger Den Maze4-1 GPU Tec

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xoligy

Danger Den Maze4-1 GPU Tec Block (Black)

Compatibility ATI: Most Radeon Series blocks with the two hole mounted fans. Excludes the All-In-Wonders at this time

Compatibility Nvidia: As far as we can tell there is complete support for 4 series on up (including FX). Holes are available for the 2 and 3 series and should work also.

NOTE: The use of the water block may require the removal of stock RAM sinks. They can be replaced with these TweakMonster RAM Sinks.
Includes -
Includes - 2 Stainless Steel Bolts, Spacers, Nuts, Springs,
Dielectric Grease, Neoprene, Support Plate, 80W Peltier,
MAZE4 GPU Cold Plate, Socket Wrech, and 4 mounting screws.
Can run with or without a peltier (Up to 40mm x 40mm)

im considering getting the above but i know notthing about pelts and whatnot would i need to buy anything extra or could it be added to the system i have below? also round about what temps and oc's would i get on a xfx 6600gt if anyone knows?

thanks in advance

Well when ever you are dealing with something that can achieve temperatures bleow abient you are going to have to worry about condensation. So in addition to the tec/block you are also going to need a powersupply to power it (more on this in a second) neopreme foam and dielectric grease. I just looked at their site and it looks like they are including the foam and grease. There is a pretty good article on how to prep your vid card for this block on the dangerden website.

Link: http://dangerden.com/content.php?content.6

As for the power supply, my understanding is that this is an 80 watt pelt which is not very big as far as pelts are concerned. So your options for powering it are: A) power it off you regular supply. This is really REALLY no recomended unless you have a monster powersupply (600W + good quality like PCP&C) because it will drain quiet a bit of power from your 12 volt rail. Secondly you can power it from what ever decent extra power supply you might have lying around. I say make sure it is 350W+ (a good old fortron PSU whould be nice and cheap). Finally you can go with a supply specifically dedicated to powering TECs liks a meanwell PSU. These are really nice but a little pricey. With either of the latter two options you are going to need some kind of relay to get the second power supply to kick on at the same time the main one does.

So it looks like you will need another PSU, a relay, and some TIM (AS5 ceramique what ever) and then you should be set.

As far as temps are concerned I would not expect much from this setup. maybe high teens- twentys. Problem is that this is only an 80 watt tec and the hot side is being put in the same loop as the rest of your system. This means that that the cold side is going to have a hard time getting...well cold.

Now I have not had much expeirience with tecs, but this information should get you started. The best advice I can give you is to tell you is to read up on tecs and power ratings and see if this is going to give you the performance that you want or if you might be better going with a bigger tec. Even if you don't go bigger it would be helpful for us to know the final components in the water cooling rig you are pareing this thing with. But it looks like the 120.3 that you plan on using should be good enough, however, this extra heat will raise CPU temps a degree or two compared with just straight water on the GPU.

So I hope this helps at least a little.

If someone with more expierience could come buy and make sure I didn't miss anything or misstate anything You should be go to go

Last edited:
thanks for the info mate it's appreciated as for the sc system it's in my sig mate ;) i need some new fans tho as i broke 2 of them and the other 3 are ok but not fantastic thinking of the panaflow ones :)

From what youve said tho if i want to do tec and pelt i would be better doing the cpu on the same system with a tec too or doing them both seperate on seperate systems which i could then incoporate into one with time and money i suppose becuase i do want a nice fast rig ;)

I'll keep reading through the forums later today ive been awake for over 24hrs now and i need 3hrs kip before i goto uni lol any other info is appreciated :)

Back