• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DangerDen NV-68 Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ckiraly

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the DD NV-68 water block. I just installed 2 of them in my rig and now my temps are insane (@53C GPU1 and @70C GPU2). I had 2 Swiftech blocks before and the temps were @40C for both. Any help is greatly appreciated.

TIA!

C

Mine just arrived and I'll be mounting it today.
Unfortunately, I'm still waiting on the pump/CPU block so it'll be a while before I know how it works.
Current idle temp on my XFX6800GT ( w/Zalman cooler) is in the low 50c range, spiking up to nearly 60c under load.

It sure is an impressive bit 'o kit...hope it works as well as it looks.

i have one waiting to be installed. i can't mount it until i finish my finals. 2 weeks left and i'll be done with university :D . anyway, i'll be interested to see peoples results with this block

sounds like you have contact issues... block prolly isnt in good contact with the core. can you take pics of your personal setup?

Most likely a contact problem. Other people have had problems like this too. If you look at the reviews at DD's website there are a couple of people that commented on high temps.

Enigma422 said:
Most likely a contact problem. Other people have had problems like this too. If you look at the reviews at DD's website there are a couple of people that commented on high temps.

yea but once you get it down properly its a very nice block :cool: pull that memory past 1200 :cool:

remember the larger the block the more dificult to get it flush with all surfaces so it might take a bit of time and trial and error till it gets on there. so clear a comfortable space and be patient , take your time and do it right . also keep in mind you are cooling a larger area with more heat being added since it covers the ram so dont expect the tems to be much better than just cooling the gpu only

oh and its more restriction so better pump and rad could possibly help depending on the loop. up to you to decide where the point of diminished returns is and where to upgrade.

I had the same issue on my initial installation. Turned out to be a contact problem. You need to make sure your video card is not twisting from the weight of the block or the stiffness of the hoses, as mine was. Since the card (printed circuit board) is flexible and the NV-68 (big honkin' chunk of copper) is not, any twisting will cause the block to pull away from the chips. I actually had to put a support from the bottom of the case up to the face of the NV-68 to keep the vid card "square" with the backplane. Doing that and tightening the lower left hold-down screw (as viewed from the front of the vid card) a little tighter than the others solved the problem. GPU now runs in the mid- to high 30s during gaming.

Thanks everyone for your help. It is definitely a contact problem. Just for a test, I removed the hold-down plate and inserted a small, thin piece of foam on top of the foam supplied with the block and just enough to cover the GPU. After retightening, the temp dropped @8C. I'll just keep trying.

Back