• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Day of Defeat Source Free Weekend

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
damarble said:
I believe you. It seems like the overall talent level of the players is lower than CSS for example. Maybe it's due to the weapon's recoil, it's much more severe than CSS and if you don't know how to control your firing, the gun will get away from you.

But not a "big" game? I'm not sure what you mean. Sure the maps aren't massive, but they are well suited. And there are plenty of custom maps. As for weapons, you don't get the choices you get with CSS, but it's on par with BF2.

i mean there isnt really that much to do, and a game can be over in a matter of minutes. Like CSS really, i wouldnt buy that its just that it came with HL2. i guess i woud get it if it was under £5, but i doubt that will happen.

but yeah, its so easy to kill people, all you have to do is rush them with the BAR :p

cyberey66 said:
This game is great, its currently the only game I really play now. I hated it at first, because I was used to the original DOD. It's really a different game, but its a damn good game when you get used to it. It does get annoying with the cone of fire in all the guns, and random guy that gets a spray HS on you. It's the only game you can sneak up behind someone shoot at them and they can turn around and kill you if they are lucky.

im sorry, but thats how CS has been for years and years. luck ftw

SteveLord said:
im sorry, but thats how CS has been for years and years. luck ftw

I know about that, thats why i played DoD instead of CS. The original DoD didnt have a COF on the rifles and DoD:S has a huge cof, making it impossible to pick people off without scope or iron sights.

Not to mention so many people hack in CS it's annoying to play, half life source even has a wallhack build in (dev tools console command) you can enable with any memory editor.

SteveLord said:
but u just made that statement about DoD......lol i dont get it.

unless you typoed.

lol, I'm confused too, maybe I didn't specify when I was talking about the old DoD and DoD source. I guess my point was, DoD sources guns are now like CS's guns in the fact the bullets follow random paths. The original DoD (1.x not source) had rifles that shot so accurately you could pick off people unscoped, unlike DoD source. The new DoD is a great game when you get used to it and I personally think the graphics and effects are amazing.

For $20 its worth all the money, I hardly ever play single player games, so it's a good deal to me.

I realy think they should tack down alot more on gun accuracy, becuase I have shot many many guns, and unless its dirty, warped, or otherwise malfunctioning, it keeps a pattern of shot cluster, even when moving. Yeah, the machine guns, and assualt rifles will raise the spread alot more when moving, and under auto fire, but you would be amazed at what the M60 and M249 does at full auto, the cluster stays very tight, like under 5ft at 200yrds. Thats pretty damn good. And those K98 and M1G's should have at least a decent point to point shot accuracy, but oh well :shrug:

oh my god! i just played this awesome beach map!! i NEED this game, screw what i said up there!!! ^^

its monday now, but i can still play:confused:

bobthemoo said:
oh my god! i just played this awesome beach map!! i NEED this game, screw what i said up there!!! ^^

its monday now, but i can still play:confused:
lol same suppose to end today just dont know what time

Back