• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR3 Ram Increase

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kensinger

Hi. I have an older computer and I would like to increase the ram. It has a Quad Core AMD Phenom II X4 955be, msi 770-c45, 2x2gb ocz3p1333lvam4gk, and NVIDIA GTS 250 video card. I just put in a WD blue 500GB SATA SSD. I would like to add two 8GB sticks of ram. I am running Linux Mint 20.2 and don't overclock anymore or do any gaming. What brand and which sticks of ram would you recommend. Thank you as always.

Thank you so much EarthDog. I am seeing alot of 1600 Mhz 16GB kits. Do you think my the motherboard and processor would put up a fight using one of these 1600 kits? I saw the msi specificationsas say 1333 Mhz (* 1600 Mhz overclocked).
And is the increase from 1333 to 1600 Mhz worth the hassle when I don't play games? Thanks for your patience with me.

Thanks again EarthDog. I think we are all waiting for prices to get back to normal. I want to build a new system.
Please take care and stay safe. :)

Hi again. I was researching the motherboard and found it's module single size limit may be 4GBs. I'd rather use 2x8GB modules. I worry my cpu cooler may get pretty close with 4x4GB ones. Any suggestions? :(

I'm thinking, it is an old system and it's running with no problems so the easiest thing to do is l just use 2 ram modules. Be it 2x8GB or 2x4GB. Can you recommend a good 2x4GB module set? Thank you as always EarthDog. Keep safe and have a good day. :)

Back