• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR4 memory on the rise?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Deja vu? Heard this before..

youd have to look up pricing in your country. :)

Well, its now $82 for 8 gigs, or $119 for 16 gigs. Either way I'm spending More for just a "New kit" vs mixing old and new.

The 8 gig kit is from my purchase history in newegg, so unless they've changed it at all, I should have no issues mixing the kits.

We're coming up on nearly a year ago that prices started climbing. I doubt it'll be coming down any time soon. Either stick with what you have or be prepared to spend double what you would have a year ago.

Memory prices are high right now largly because of the new iPhone and the Switch are hammering supply at the moment. SSD prices are starting to get ridiculous as well.

Memory prices are high right now largly because of the new iPhone and the Switch are hammering supply at the moment. SSD prices are starting to get ridiculous as well.

The iPhone and Switch use the same memory chips as the PC?

Back