• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Debian can't recognize/find soundcard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
sorry to be thread hijacking here, but it was curious if there was a way to fix the labels for my sound... in kmix it is listing my sound as coming from my headphones when there are no headphones attached... it is sorta weird to me... the master control does nothing as well as the master mono... just the headphones... any ideas?

about java runtime enviroment

i try to run azureus [bittorent client] but it requires JRE 1.4 and how could i upgrade it to that release, my apt source can't find packages called Java or JRE at all. What to do?

mbentley said:
sorry to be thread hijacking here, but it was curious if there was a way to fix the labels for my sound... in kmix it is listing my sound as coming from my headphones when there are no headphones attached... it is sorta weird to me... the master control does nothing as well as the master mono... just the headphones... any ideas?

Try doing something was said in 5th message by Suicide Al. try alsaconf, maybe if it works under alsa, u could configure then

have found, thanx :) i think will ask here all my problems about configuring debian :) now have problems with apache2 and also want to start some ftp server, have tried several ftp, but no use. In apache2 configuration file is apache2.conf and httpd.conf is empty (just some comments). I changed dir in apache.conf, but when i load a site, it just shows me apache's greeting page and can't find where is it in my debian. Please help

ok. next problem is that i mounted my vfat partitions, but i can't write or delete from them. Should i change access mode to them with chmod or what?

Almost but not quite. you need to add uid,gid and mode options in your /etc/fstab (or the mount command if you always mount them manually).chmod won't work here.

klingens said:
Almost but not quite. you need to add uid,gid and mode options in your /etc/fstab (or the mount command if you always mount them manually).chmod won't work here.

yes, i mount by myself manualy everytime, so could you list those commands for me please:)

Back