• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Decreased performance after CPU overclock.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alvinko

Hello guys, yesterday I tried to overclock my AMD Ryzen 5 1600 from 3,6Ghz to 3,8Ghz just to see if there will be some improvement in performance. When I played a few games I saw that my fps were actually lower than before. I set my settings back how I had them and I still had lower fps then before. I tried to reset settings to default and it didn't work. I tried 3.2Ghz which is default CPU speed and I still had the same fps. I even tried to set it to 2,5Ghz if I'd have lower fps but I still had the same fps. I don't know what happened. I lost like 20-50fps depends on the game I'm playing. Anyone have idea how can I fix it ?

Your overclock was not stable. To reset go into bios and rest to optimum defaults or whatever it is labeled in your bios. Hit F10 then yes or enter key your pc will then reboot if you did it right.

I have the same processor and you will gain far more FPS by making sure you have ram at 3000Mhz or higher, (however it is rare to have higher than that) than overclocking the cpu.

I've done it multiple times and nothing changed.

- - - Auto-Merged Double Post - - -

Is it running at that? As it is quite rare for first Gen ryzen to run faster than 3000

Yes it is. At least I hope it is because it's showing up in task manager as 3200Mhz

Did you overclock through the BIOS or with Ryzen Master?

I'm not sure what you did multiple times without any change.
Try resetting the CMOS, it'll either be a button or a couple of pins, check your manual to find out how. We could be more help if we knew what parts you're working with.

I'm not sure what you did multiple times without any change.
Try resetting the CMOS, it'll either be a button or a couple of pins, check your manual to find out how. We could be more help if we knew what parts you're working with.

I already reset the CMOS I took the battery out for about 10-15mins and put it back in and it didn't work.

The specs:
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor
GPU - Radeon(TM) RX 460 Graphics
MB - B350M GAMING PRO

Back