• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell 2209WA 1680 x 1050 @ 75Hz?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Device Manager > Monitors > select the Dell 2209wa > Update Driver Software > Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer > Have disk > select the .inf file in the zip and install it.

Device Manager > Monitors > select the Dell 2209wa > Update Driver Software > Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer > Have disk > select the .inf file in the zip and install it.
Did all that but it wont freaking update.But let me retry it.Maybe i did smething wrong

Try this, go to the Command Prompt :

set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1
devmgmt.msc

Then, inside the Device Manager go to View > Show hidden devices > and uninstall (make sure the "erase software" box is ticked) all the monitors you see > restart your PC > install my driver > restart again and see if it works.

So you 2209WA people... I have one in a box in a truck somewhere that'll eventually get here hopefully in good condition...

how's it for gaming, seriously?

Can it handle retarded fast stuff like FPS on turbo mode where everybody's just flying around and you have to move super fast? No ghosting no smearing no nothing?

I hear the input lag is good for an LCD. How do you guys find it? I notice slight input lag with most LCD's... it's lame...

Well in looks great in games.I play a lot of racing games like GRID and Flatout and Trackmania and i havent noticed any ghosting , smearing or tearing etc playing at 60hz or 75hz

Working well for me. Thanks a bunch! Gotta say I was skeptical, being y our first post and all so I was wary to try it. Thanks a bunch though, works great. BTW, whats your steam name? I will add you for l4d play.

Working well for me. Thanks a bunch! Gotta say I was skeptical, being y our first post and all so I was wary to try it. Thanks a bunch though, works great. BTW, whats your steam name? I will add you for l4d play.

Eltupa.

lol, yeah, I made it because it honestly sucks for ATI users who have to use powerstrip all the time to get it working.

I've read this entire post. Thanks to everyone that has contributed!

I've been on the edge of buying this screen. The only thing that's holding me back now is the anti-glare coating. Plus, I'm currently using what could arguably be called the most perfect 1680 x 1080 res LCD ever manufactured, the NEC 20WMGX2. I am spoiled beyond spoiled with the image quality. However, what is driving me towards a different screen is that my eyes aren't what they used to be. I need a larger pixel pitch now, and that's why I'm in the market for a 22incher at the same res. The 2209WA is probably the closest I'll ever get to a 22in version of my beloved NEC.

Has anyone else gone from a glossy screen to this one and been OK with it? Is it simply a matter of getting used to it? Or does it always slap you in the face, (especially if you have your glossy screen sitting next to it as your 2nd monito)?

Nvidia 2.7.170.15 drivers

Even though I manually set it to 1680x1050.

I tried this

Horizontal front porch: 48
Active horizontal pixels: 1680
Horizontal total: 1840
Horizontal sync width: 32
Horizontal sync polarity: -

Vertical front porch: 3
Active vertical lines: 1050
Vertical total: 1087
Vertical sync width: 6
Vertical sync polarity: +

Then set the desired refresh rate to 75 Hz.

I have Windows7 RTM 64 bit on my laptop.

Do you guys think that having my laptop setup with dual display could be the problem?

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks

I just upgraded to Windows 7 64bit on my main PC.
I tried the above settings on my old Vista 64 bit setup with an older Nvidia driver set and it worked. However, after installing version 2.7.170.15, the above setting does not work. It may have to do with Nvidia changing their denomination from Front Porch and Sync width settings to Front Porch(pixels) and Sync width (pixels). Has anyone run into this problem with the latest Nvidia driver? Is there an equivalent setting to express the Front Porch and Sync width in pixels?

I am running my setup through the DVI cable.

I also tried the custom driver, and the monitor gave an error message stating 76hz is not supported.

all i did in win 7 64 with the latest driver was to select CVT reduced blank under the timing section instead of manual... worked like a charm.

all i did in win 7 64 with the latest driver was to select CVT reduced blank under the timing section instead of manual... worked like a charm.

What driver version are you using? I upped the freq to 75 and changed the timing to CVT reduced blank, and nvidia said the monitor did not support this resolution.

Back