• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell Q6600, 4G RAM, 8800GT, Dual Monitors - $999

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wa77ss

Amazing deal.......

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellst...vcode=ss&c=US&l=EN&dgc=BF&cid=7420&lid=197374

My System Details
Intel® Core™2 Quad Proc Q6600 (2.40GHz,8MB L2Cache,1066FSB)
Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition
1 Year Basic Limited Warranty and 1 Year NBD On-Site Service
Dell 19 inch Widescreen E198WFP Analog Flat Panel Monitor
4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM 800MHz - 4DIMMs
Dual Drives: 16x DVD-ROM Drive + 16x (DVD+/-RW) Burner
500GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache™
512MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800 GT
No Floppy Drive
No Modem Option
Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio
My Accessories
No speakers (Speakers are required to hear audio from your system)
Dell USB Keyboard
Dell Scroll Mouse
My Software
No Pre-installed Productivity Software
No Pre-installed Anti-Virus/Security Software
Free Microsoft Office Live Small Business
Adobe Acrobat Reader
My Services & Warranties
No Online Data Back Up Installed
No Dell Automated PC Tune Up Installed
Dell Network Assistant
Purchase is not intended for resale.
Also Included
Windows® XP
No ISP requested
Integrated 10/100 Ethernet

Thanks to the guy who posted it at [H], cause that's where I found it. :beer:

buy that machine and change out the motherboard for a overclockable one, and you got a beast of setup for $1100-$1200. just when you order the computer, make sure to choose the option to get the original windows install media. that way, when you change the mobo, you can reinstall the windows that you already paid for and i'm sure everyone knows what to say to the phone activation reps, so we won't go into detail about that.

Let's break it down:

$200 Intel® Core™2 Quad Proc Q6600 (2.40GHz,8MB L2Cache,1066FSB)
$90 Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition
$75 4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM 800MHz - 4DIMMs
$50 Dual Drives: 16x DVD-ROM Drive + 16x (DVD+/-RW) Burner
$80 500GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache™
$150 512MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800 GT

That's $645 retail so far. Are a pair of 19" monitors and a 1 year warranty worth $355 to you? I know I wouldn't pay that, rather get a 24" at that price and use the (usually longer) manufacturers warrantys....

That's $645 retail so far. Are a pair of 19" monitors and a 1 year warranty worth $355 to you? I know I wouldn't pay that, rather get a 24" at that price and use the (usually longer) manufacturers warrantys....

If the computer was for myself, then I would surely agree with the quote above. But for my dad's office, this is a pretty sweet deal. It is easier to deal with Dell warranty rather then warranty for each individual component in the system for business computers.

Thanks to the OP,

bryan d

It's not a terrible deal but the specs have obviously had their corners cut. I'd rather build my own machine anyday with quality parts and good monitors. 19" fullscreen's might rock my world for that price but wide? hahaha... no.

EDIT: To those thinking of changing the mobo, Dell likes to sometimes use DDR-667.

Those parts are all quality. You guys on OCF get way to picky sometimes about your parts, Dell computers are completely okay for almost everyone, especially this one.

Its just their customer service that sucks. Actual computers are fine.....

Let's break it down:

$200 Intel® Core™2 Quad Proc Q6600 (2.40GHz,8MB L2Cache,1066FSB)
$90 Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition
$75 4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM 800MHz - 4DIMMs
$50 Dual Drives: 16x DVD-ROM Drive + 16x (DVD+/-RW) Burner
$80 500GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache™
$150 512MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800 GT

Ya missed the mobo, case, PSU, KB/mouse/etc. Hard to say what the price of those are though. Even if you went cheap on these parts it would be like $40-50 per item so thats around $120-150 for those parts. Retail 19" widescreen monitors the cheapest on newegg is $170 each. So thats $340 for the monitors(same price if you went 24").

$340+120/150= $460-490 + $645 = $1105-1135. Not including shipping/taxes.

Last edited:
While not a bad deal, its decent. But for an office setup, its a bit overkill. I would much rather get a regular Core 2 desktop and get a 24inch vs the 2 19 inch. also 8800GT? Do you really need it?

I'd prefer to deal with individual warranties from reputable retailers/manufacturers than having to deal with the whole unit from dell. I'd rather ship a video card back over an entire computer. I've only bought one OEM desktop, an HP for my wife, but I'll never do that again. These matx oem things are disposable to me.

I'd prefer to deal with individual warranties from reputable retailers/manufacturers than having to deal with the whole unit from dell. I'd rather ship a video card back over an entire computer. I've only bought one OEM desktop, an HP for my wife, but I'll never do that again. These matx oem things are disposable to me.

I hope you ain't talking smack about mATX systems, they can be quite powerful..

If you aren't looking for an extreme overclock you can always do a 266-->333 fsb padmod on it too. Almost instant 3 GHz quad rig then for the price of a defogger repair kit.

Back