• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell UltraSharp 2209WA 22" LCD Monitor $207 Ship

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gigabit

Expires: 4/1/09 11:00 PM

Dell Small Business is offering the Dell UltraSharp 2209WA 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor for a low $206.10 shipped when applying coupon code "1Z829VM32T983V" during checkout. Features TrueColor technology, 1680x1050 native resolution, 1000:1 contrast ratio, 5ms pixel response time, VGA+DVI(/HDCP) input connectivity, and a manufacturer limited three-year warranty with advanced exchange service. Click the deal link, then click through on the corresponding Dell Small Business listing.

FYI, I was just doing some research on this monitor this morning.

This monitor uses an 8 bit E-IPS panel, with better color quality than the budget minded TN panels out there

Most TN panels have a 78% color gamut. This panel has an 83% color gamut. "High end" panels have a color gamut between 95% and 110%. This puts this monitor at better color than cheap monitors, but not quite as good as the high end ones.

FYI, I was just doing some research on this monitor this morning.

This monitor uses an 8 bit E-IPS panel, with better color quality than the budget minded TN panels out there

Most TN panels have a 78% color gamut. This panel has an 83% color gamut. "High end" panels have a color gamut between 95% and 110%. This puts this monitor at better color than cheap monitors, but not quite as good as the high end ones.

to everyone dont believe the color gamut crapola... there are tn pannels with above 100% color gamuts that wont even come CLOSE to touching the colors of the 2209WA... the 2209WA is THE BEST 22incher out there and at 206 bucks its an utter STEAL!

2209WA FTW!!!
Copy-of-IMG_0766.jpg

Height adjustment at all? Otherwise you can get a Samsung 22'' cheaper.

lol any samsung 22in dont hold a candle to the 2209WA ... i tried out a T220 and a 2253BW... it was lafable how much better the dell was.

and the stand the 2209WA comes with kicks the crap outta most 22inchers... height, tilt, swivel, rotate.

check it

to everyone dont believe the color gamut crapola... there are tn pannels with above 100% color gamuts that wont even come CLOSE to touching the colors of the 2209WA... the 2209WA is THE BEST 22incher out there and at 206 bucks its an utter STEAL!

2209WA FTW!!!

Wide gamut is half marketing bs anyway. It can distort image color saturation and look unnatural for content that is meant for regular gamut which is pretty much everything.

i rather the 2007 over this one but she died so i went with this monitor. its a good monitor though.
Why you have a bigger screen and the screen is just as nice.Ive had a few Ultra Sharps and this one is equal too if not slightly better IMHO. It also has better response GTG times.Right now i also have a 20 inch Ultra Sharp 2007FPs and when sitting side by side this monitor looks just as good.The viewing angles are the same and quality is better on the 2209WA and its cheaper you cant loose.Plus a standard 3yr warranty for $207 shipped.The 2007WFP refurb if you can find one cost more than this one brand new

Last edited:
Sigh. I hate you for posting this. Just ordered one. :beer:

Looks like this might be the monitor that finally replaces my CRT.

You will love me in a few days for posting this!!!!!!!!!!!!!:santa:

Haha. Yeah, I know, I know. Just I was planning on grabbing some new HD's and maybe a TRUE with that cash. But while it rocks for gaming, reading text on the CRT is starting to take its toll on my poor eyes. I've bought and returned around five LCD monitors in the past that were TN panels, hopefully this one is the magic winner that doesn't **** me off with parts of the screen being notably darker from straight on.

Haha. Yeah, I know, I know. Just I was planning on grabbing some new HD's and maybe a TRUE with that cash. But while it rocks for gaming, reading text on the CRT is starting to take its toll on my poor eyes. I've bought and returned around five LCD monitors in the past that were TN panels, hopefully this one is the magic winner that doesn't **** me off with parts of the screen being notably darker from straight on.

lol that sounds very familiar... went through 6 TN 22ish lcds and was not satisfied with them at all.... it ****ed me off to see the brighntess change just looking at different parts of the screen.... untill the 2209WA. its brightness is insanely uniform ... its crazy high viewing angles make it to where there is ZERO brightness change when lookin at the edges of the screen from dead on.

My 21inch sony crt was my baby, but like you reading text was taking a toll on my eyes so i needed an lcd and the 2209WA has become my CRT replacement... i will never EVER think of going back to a crt again after this monitor.

lol that sounds very familiar... went through 6 TN 22ish lcds and was not satisfied with them at all.... it ****ed me off to see the brighntess change just looking at different parts of the screen.... untill the 2209WA. its brightness is insanely uniform ... its crazy high viewing angles make it to where there is ZERO brightness change when lookin at the edges of the screen from dead on.

My 21inch sony crt was my baby, but like you reading text was taking a toll on my eyes so i needed an lcd and the 2209WA has become my CRT replacement... i will never EVER think of going back to a crt again after this monitor.

That's good to hear, I'm coming from a 21" Trinitron as well. I've had various 22" and 24" LCDs and all of them got returned, mostly from the colors being darker towards the top of the screen like most TN's are apt to have. An icon shouldn't look different just because it's at the top of the screen instead of the bottom, that -really- ticked me off.

Hopefully it ships out fast, I'm anxious to see this one in action.

lol any samsung 22in dont hold a candle to the 2209WA ... i tried out a T220 and a 2253BW... it was lafable how much better the dell was.

and the stand the 2209WA comes with kicks the crap outta most 22inchers... height, tilt, swivel, rotate.

check it

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Not quite as good as my Dell 2007 PVA 1600 x 1200 but it kicks butt over any TN panel I ever saw. :) plus $207 is a lot less than I paid when they first came out.

Back