• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell Vostro (decent gaming laptop under $1000)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SteveLord

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellst...&oc=bqdekxk&s=bsd&dgc=EM&cid=26985&lid=613967

Starts at $579 with a 1.4ghz Core2 cpu, 2gigs of memory, dvd burner and 160gb hard drive. This laptop is normally $849 with these components as I just compared going through their regular ordering link.

Downside is it comes with XP Home or +$99 for Pro and thats it for OS choices.

And it also has ****poor Intel video, but you can upgrade it for $99 for 8400GT or $199 for 8600GT.

Bump the cpu to 2.0ghz in addition and to all that and you're still at $908. Not bad for anyone looking to upgrade or purchase a fast laptop that still carries decent battery life. +$40 will get you a better battery.

And because its the Vostro line, you can opt out of a lot of the garbage trialware.

Don't forget if you're of the charismatic type, Dell reps can be persuaded to either give you a little somethin free or discount your overall price.

Yep, I have one of these, the 17in model. Battery lasts for 4 hours at stock settings! over 3 hours after I overclock my 8600M GT and use 8kfangui to keep the fans on full blast anytime it's on. I like a cool laptop, and the fans aren't that loud even on high setting.

I got vista with mine though, with 2GB of ram. Runs it great, and plays crysis too :)

Back