• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Desireable stepping code(s) for Athlon 2100+ B

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dolsen

Registered
What are the three most desireable stepping codes for o/c Athlon 2100+ Bversion?

Is it advisable at this time to continue using my old Abit KT7A mobo if I get a 2100+?

My memory is still PC 133. Advisable to upgrade to something faster/more stable like Corsair PC3200, for use at least temporarily with the KT7A? Looking to upgrade Mobo downstream .
Best regards

The only two that I know of are AIUHB and JIUHB but the week codes are what some people are comparing the 2100+ by. My 0301 did good although some people say that's a bad week. I remember seeing that the 0248 or 0249 was good but I would think any 030* week code will make you more than happy. I'm not sure about the Abit board but I would think as long as the bios supports it, you should be fine. Definitely think about going DDR in the near future if possible. Depending on how much you want to overclock this chip, you might be able to use pc2700 and save a little money.

Most 2100+ Tbreds seem to be doing pretty well, so I don't think you have to worry too much about looking for a specific code (all I see now are late-week AIUHB chips anyway).

I like keeping a mobo for as long as possible, so get the chip and if it's fast enough for you then keep it, otherwise get a new one. This chip should give you a nice boost, and maybe then tide you over until you can get a reasonably priced Hammer mobo and cpu.

As for the memory, the KT7A can't take anything other than regular (single-data rate) SDRAM can it?

The KT7A is not a DDR board, and thus can only take SDRAM. Moreover, I don't think its possible to use multipliers higher than 12.5x without cutting some bridges. With a processor as potentially fast as the 2100+, the KT7A would be a severe bottleneck for the system. I would not advise keeping it. I, myself, am using a KT7E and a tbred 1700+, and it is quite frustrating to only reach a 140 mhz with a push while most can enjoy 170+ effortlessly. A DDR board is well worth the money.

Hughhefner said:
Just received my Newegg T-bred 2100 yesterday, it is
GREEN, with eggs and ham, 0307 nice and new haven't fired it up yet

Got one of those from newegg two days ago. I fired it up last night in the H20 rig, and;

12 x 175, 1.7v, 35c under full load (ambiant roughly 25c).

AIUHB, green, 0307. If it's from the same batch, I think you'll do well...;)

i think u should get a new motherboard w/ your XP2100+.........try the asus A7V333 or some other KT333 board.......put 512Mb PC2700 in there (apacer makes some CAS 2 PC2700). Should be sweet.

Back