• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Desktop slowdown

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Since the mouse works well in Bios I would suspect a software problem.

Yeh what i suspect..The parts are new, except ssd, hdd, keyboard,mouse and psu. They were working fine with the last system.. The parts that are new are mobo, cpu, ram, gpu. It hanged up 3 times now, i had to reboot the system in mafia 3 another for a few seconds, one for a few seconds on call of juarez gunslinger also.. Must be some defective hardware don´t know.. maybe gpu.. Can cause this issues that i´m having..

Hi guys i built a new system.. maximus VIII hero, 6700K, 16gb corsair vengeance lpx 3000mhz.. The problem is on desktop it gets a bit of a slowdown, don´t know why.. maybe u could help me, never had this kind of issue with other builds =(. I assembly the system on tuesday.. when i move cursor the cursor doesn´t move softly like its supposed..

Are you saying the movement of the mouse cursor is jerky instead of even and smooth? If this is your problem I would suspect one of three things: 1. A video driver issue, 2. a USB driver issue or 3. wireless mouse battery needs changing (you have no said what kind of mouse you are using). I have also experienced what you are describing when using a big screen TV as the display which can create a bit of s herky jerky, slingshot kind of movement pattern probably caused by the ratio of screen surface area to pixel count being skewed. This can be helped by making adjustment to the travel speed of the cursor in Control Panel>Mouse.

Are you saying the movement of the mouse cursor is jerky instead of even and smooth? If this is your problem I would suspect one of three things: 1. A video driver issue, 2. a USB driver issue or 3. wireless mouse battery needs changing (you have no said what kind of mouse you are using). I have also experienced what you are describing when using a big screen TV as the display which can create a bit of s herky jerky, slingshot kind of movement pattern probably caused by the ratio of screen surface area to pixel count being skewed. This can be helped by making adjustment to the travel speed of the cursor in Control Panel>Mouse.

I agree with what u said.. i have a 32´ lcd eheh.. but i didn´t have this kind of issue with my last build.. And from time to time the system crashes after 30min of gaming sometimes less =(. I don´t think its the drivers fault..I tried 3 drivers..Didn´t work.Maybe ram or gpu problem..I think its the gpu.. It crashes in games.. i´m playing mafia 3 more and it always crashes the image like u can only see the logo of the game, i can hear them talk, but i see a black screen, and when i press control+alt+delete i can go to restart shutdown..or i can press reset on my pc. it crashes like that.

If cursor movement is "not smooth" (choppy?), but otherwise works fine, is the mouse pad clean? Just a thought. Have tried changing the mouse settings through the Windows Control Panel?

That looks Good. Have you tried RealBench stress testing software. LINK: https://rog.asus.com/articles/news/realbench-v2-43-new-version-available-now/[/QUOTE

Tried it.. 3 runs.. didn´t do the stress test yet.. only bench..

- - - Updated - - -

If cursor movement is "not smooth" (choppy?), but otherwise works fine, is the mouse pad clean? Just a thought. Have tried changing the mouse settings through the Windows Control Panel?
The mouse pad is more or less clean.. The issue isn´t exactly that.. Is when i open the downloads or the documents folder it takes a bit time like 2 seconds, it stays a bit choppy when i maximize or drag..

- - - Updated - - -

Have you tried using the integrated GPU on the motherboard port?

i did try it =(..

- - - Updated - - -

flash to the latest bios, set XMP, leave everything else on default, reinstall windows, install all drivers properly.

Did that eventually.. not the last one. i have the one before the last one for my mobo..

Attachments

• Capturar.PNG
    Capturar.PNG
    42 KB · Views: 50
Well the easiest thing to try is cross ship the Processor to Intel after making sure it is not your Storage drives or software.

Well the easiest thing to try is cross ship the Processor to Intel after making sure it is not your Storage drives or software.

I´ll go to the store next week where i bought the parts. They said it is better to take the case with all components for them to test..It should be the gpu. Almost sure about it. Do u know any program to test ssd? Its ssd samsung 840 500gb.

I´ll go to the store next week where i bought the parts. They said it is better to take the case with all components for them to test..It should be the gpu. Almost sure about it. Do u know any program to test ssd? Its ssd samsung 840 500gb.

Dangerousoul,

Please try the following before you start tearing the system apart and bringing it places to return parts / have it diagnosed.

This process is referred to as a clean boot.

Hit Ctrl, alt, and Del > select task manager

In task manager, find the "startup" tab, and disable EVERYTHING in that tab.

Next hit the Windows Key + R to bring up a Run prompt.

type "msconfig" without the "".

Under the Services tab, check the box that says "Hide all microsoft services"

Once you have the box checked, now hit the "Disable All" button.

Apply, OK. Reboot the PC.

Test the mouse. If the mouse tests fine after rebooting, whatever caused your issue was disabled when you put the machine into a clean boot state.

The annoying thing about this process is that you have to turn on one service at a time, reboot, and test to find the culprit.

If the issues persists in a clean boot state, then its time to bring the PC to a repair tech for diagnosis. My best guess would be the SSD is the culprit. Graphic cards do not produce the symptoms you are experiencing.

If you would like to check the health of your SSD before you bring it somewhere, you can use Samsungs Magician software.

-TC

Dangerousoul,

Please try the following before you start tearing the system apart and bringing it places to return parts / have it diagnosed.

This process is referred to as a clean boot.

Hit Ctrl, alt, and Del > select task manager

In task manager, find the "startup" tab, and disable EVERYTHING in that tab.

Next hit the Windows Key + R to bring up a Run prompt.

type "msconfig" without the "".

Under the Services tab, check the box that says "Hide all microsoft services"

Once you have the box checked, now hit the "Disable All" button.

Apply, OK. Reboot the PC.

Test the mouse. If the mouse tests fine after rebooting, whatever caused your issue was disabled when you put the machine into a clean boot state.

The annoying thing about this process is that you have to turn on one service at a time, reboot, and test to find the culprit.

If the issues persists in a clean boot state, then its time to bring the PC to a repair tech for diagnosis. My best guess would be the SSD is the culprit. Graphic cards do not produce the symptoms you are experiencing.

If you would like to check the health of your SSD before you bring it somewhere, you can use Samsungs Magician software.

-TC

I guess its the gpu cause in 25 min or so the system crashes, hangs..My option is to push the reset button or restart. Thats why my guess is gpu..By the way my gpu is XFX RX 480 GTR black edition v2.0. I´ll do what u said..

Dude, seriously, flash to the latest bios, leave everything on default, and reinstall windows. Seriously.
The odds of a botched OS install are SOOOOO much higher than defective hardware for this kind of issue.

Oh...

What if the problem is between the PC and the monitor? Have you tried a different monitor? Is your refresh rate set properly? You've tried different mouse(s)?
Have you tried playing with Legacy USB and USB compatibility mode settings in bios?

Dude, seriously, flash to the latest bios, leave everything on default, and reinstall windows. Seriously.
The odds of a botched OS install are SOOOOO much higher than defective hardware for this kind of issue.

How would a PC botch as OS if the hardware did not do it, I don't see your logic here?

Back