• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dfi 875p Infinity

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You're certainly not very punctual getting back to us. I didn't cancel the order, so I will be the proud owner of a LanParty 875Pro tomorrow.

I hope I didn't make a mistake........................

well, #1, I have a life away from the computer, so I am not one to sit right here and wait for answers/emails to come back. I do have a job in the real world besides this, and a family.

#2 its a rumor, from inside DFI, and rumors have caused wars or worse before, so waiting on edge to hear the snippets of a rumor isn't a good idea either.

I have no more information about the LP I875-2. I still do not know when it will be released. Im not allowed to know this as if I told you, you (and everyone else) would probably cancel their order the the I875, and thats not what DFI wants. The only word that I have is that it will be a couple months at the most.

The I875 is not a mistake order. I have easily jumped my 2.4c up to 3.075Ghz without ANY effort at all. The 2.7vdimm limitation isn't affecting me, as the RAM i am using is good stuff that doesn't need a high voltage input to achieve high clocks.

I seriously doubt you will be disappointed with teh LP 875. I've had zero problems with it, and even with a 100FSB P4 in it, it clocked up to 2.652Ghz the first time we put a P4 into it and cranked it as high as it would go.

The only thing you might want to consider is a good after-market hsf for the p4, as the stock is good, but when you start cranking up the speed, it cannot keep up as well as a good Zalmann or Alpha or such =)

Travis

Got my LanParty 875Pro today and I must say I'm impressed so far.
Installed it, fired it up and after installing the audio and chipset and LAN drivers I had a system with absolutely no problems. No exclamation points in hardware manager and everything working just fine. Also, it recognized my Corsair XMS3200C2 memory and it's working just fine at 200fsb. This is my best motherboard upgrade to this point.

Now to figure out the bios menus and how to overclock this 2.4C up to higher echelons. Wish me luck.

so i got a DFI Lanparty 875 Pro rev. A

whats the difference from the Rev.B ???

is the Rev.A totally worthless compared to the Rev.B ???

and it seems like updating the bios really helps for any Rev.

Back