• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI NFII Ultra, having problems...HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Saxatilis

I posted the same problem in the AMD CPU section of the forums. But here it is again.

Hello everyone,

I am quite new to overclocking and was hoping I was overlooking something with my new rig.

I have a DFI NFII Ultra Infinity with a IQHYA 2400-M chip. Everything is peachy until I try for over 2.4 Ghz (12*200). I cann't even get 202 FSB!!!!

Here are my specs and below that I listed what I have tried. Can some one please help? I was hoping to get atleast 2.5 Ghz.

Mobo: DFI NFII Ultra Infinity
CPU: AMD XP 2400-M (IQHYA Serial)
RAM: 512 MB OCZ Dual Channel DDR400, ultra low latency ram (2-3-3-6).
VIDEO: ATI 9700 Pro (Not Overclocked and set to 66 mhz).
HARD DRIVE: Dual 36 Gig Raptor in RAID 0
POWER SUPPLY: Antec TruePower 330 Watts
OTHER: I/O Magic DVD+-RW Drive

Cooling:
Antec SOHO File Server Case, w/ 2 rear fans, 1 blow hole fan, 1 side fan.
CPU Heatsink/Fan: Swiftech MCX 370, with 60 mm fan
Northbridge: Swiftech MCX 159-R, with 40 mm fan
Southbridge: Zalman ZM-NB47J Northbridge heatsink
RAM: Cooper Heat Spreaders
VIDEO: Vantec Iceberg Pro Heatsink fan

This is what I have tried and have right now:

Stable System:

12*200, with Vcore = 1.75; RAM 1:1 Ratio (50 C, using Sisoft Burnin).

At one point I had it running 12*205, with Vcore = 1.8, RAM 1:1, but the CPU got upto 58 C. But I can no longer get this to boot.

I couldn't up the FSB until I went down to 10*200-208 @ 1.75 Vcore. 209 caused windows to crash.

Tried and failed:

13 * 200, with Vcore = 1.8 - 2.0, Chipset = Auto, 1.6 - 1.9 (boot up would loop)

12*202, with Vcore = 1.775-2.0, no boot....long beep every 3 seconds.

11*202, with Vcore = 1.750-1.8, no boot...long beep every 3 seconds.

10*209, with vcore = 1.750, would boot, but windows would crash.

10*210, with vcore = 1.8, Memory @ 177 mhz (6:5 Ratio), no boot...long beep every 3 seconds.

SO....WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK. WHAT SHOULD I TRY????

I had the same problem. I could boot in at 233fsb for a start. I could only work my way down to about 220. I still can't boot in windows in 202fsb 3 months later. But my board does seem to have major issues now. I used to have a stable 245fsb and now i have had a max of 233, if it decides to boot into windows, mabee it depends on the weather??// :temper: Ready to choke this thing and send it back. I guess i dont really have an answer other then to mabee start a little higher with a little more volts. Thats what i did.

I think your CPU temps are running a bit high. Try reseating the HS. What thermal compound are you using? Failing that get a faster fan or another heatsink/fan combo. I'm getting about 43C with the system listed below running SETI 24/7...

The power supply seems a little small for all the hardware you have plus overclocking.

Try dropping the multiplier on your cpu to 10 and see how high you can go with the fsb.

Try to isolate the cause of your instability, one component at a time.

i would second speed bump's reply about power supply... try unplugging drives that you don't need to run windows (like cd/dvd drives) a buddy of mine could reset his computer by ejecting his cd drive...lol

AND WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!!!

Back