• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dice Pot For GA-EP45-UD3R

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OhEmGeeZ

Registered
Hey all, just bought a new mb and cpu looking to get my feet a bit cold. Only concern i have is the caps on this board are really close to the cpu socket. Idealy a koolance V2 would fit but I'm not experienced enough to know. Any one tried this setup or know if it will work? If not what pot should i be looking for?

Thanks in advance.
-OmGz

I've actually done the same thing and will be getting that exact mobo in the mail (hopefully) today. I purchased a Koolance V1 from one of the users here, so I will let you know if that one fits, I believe it should.

I have a different S775 mobo (P5K-Deluxe) and it seems to fit that one OK, although I still haven't had my first cold run yet (ever), so that will probably be next weekend.

Awsome. The v1 I know is alot slimmer. How much did you pick it up for?

If they're like the UD3P I had the caps are pretty short and should be OK.
I can't really tell from photos though.

Easy thing to do, put a straight edge (like a razor blade) on the cpu and see if it can clear the caps. If it can, pretty much any pot should fit, as that would mean the caps are lower than the cpu hs. If the blade hits the caps, then you would need to measure or have someone who has the pot and board to tell you if it works...

Easy thing to do, put a straight edge (like a razor blade) on the cpu and see if it can clear the caps. If it can, pretty much any pot should fit, as that would mean the caps are lower than the cpu hs. If the blade hits the caps, then you would need to measure or have someone who has the pot and board to tell you if it works...

That would be ideal, although i don't currently have the hardware as it just got shipped out today. Was trying to locate and purchase a pot Asap to get benching again.

I did but had 0 time at all to look into it other than to make sure it came in one piece. I'm working late today as well but will see if I have time tonight after I get home.

Just got my MB in, the caps are taller than the cpu socket. I'm going to try to find a V1 just to be on the safe side.
Side note: Does any one know where to find small power/reset buttons to plug in to the Mb?

Thanks all,
-OmGz

Found a Koolance V1 today, should be here by next weekend!

Found a Koolance V1 today, should be here by next weekend!

Nice... You will enjoy that little pot for sure. Make sure to set up a Livestream account and stream your DICE session. People here will likely drop in on you and give you pointers, etc on how to get the most out of your HW.

:thup:

Nice... You will enjoy that little pot for sure. Make sure to set up a Livestream account and stream your DICE session. People here will likely drop in on you and give you pointers, etc on how to get the most out of your HW.

:thup:

I wish I could. Although I have to pull my power supply, ram, and monitor from my main rig to bench. Pot should be here Thursday and my fluke 51 should be here by friday.

Just got my pot in, gonna reformat and then tear down to insulate, will bench when i get my thermometer in(hopefully Friday)

Back