• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

did i damage my monitor?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mike02

hi my monitor is samsung S24D390 ,so i noticed a few days ago that there was a dead pixel,i gathered some information bout how to fix dead pixels,and i fixed it by pressing absolutely too hard on it,after fixing it i checked-while the screen was off-the spot i pressed too hard on i noticed that the spot looks like it went a little bit deeper than the rest of the screen, is this even possible? are screens really that flexible? or it's just illusion?! here's what iam talking about http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img913/8701/UZKB9N.jpg someone please answer me because am about to get crazy :bang head

Last edited:
actually it works just fine,my question is about the flexibility of monitors, can an exact spot on the screen get deeper if being pushed hard,however the rest of the panel holds its place?

I was going to ask, does it work fine? If it does, seems like there isn't an issue.

I have no idea about your question in the post above...

I was going to ask, does it work fine? If it does, seems like there isn't an issue.

I have no idea about your question in the post above...

this is what i mean:my question is can just the specific spot i pressed too hard on,can it go deeper however the rest of the panel hold its place?,for an example when u press gently with ur finger on water surface,if u chek this operation horizontally u will see that only the spot u pressed on will go deeper however the rest of the surface holds its place,this is exactly what i mean, so can the same thing happen when u press hardly on a specific spot on the screen, would just the spot go deeper separately from the rest of the panel? cos this is what i feel when i check the monitor,like i showed u in that link,is is just illusion? i didn't say it doesn't work, it works fine but i feel that by pushing it i made a damage one way or another...

No idea, I dont push on my monitors, LOL! From the straight on picture you posted, I can't tell a thing honestly.

lol well neither do i,i pushed it for a reason tho, a dead pixel ;)

Terrible reason to push on something you are told not to, LOL! There is software that can get rid of dead pixels. :)

XD i tried it but it didn't fix the issue, however by pushing the screen i was able to get rid of it , i guess from now on i will solve all of my issues by pushing them :)

Back