• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did I get a good deal?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tweak486Dx2

Hey new member here! This is my first post!!

Just bought a barely used Latutide D610 for 380$

Specs are : Xp Pro, Pentium m 750 1.86Ghz, 1 gig dual channel, 80gig 7200rpm HD, Radeon X300 64 meg dedicated, High Res screen 1450x1000 something. Cd Burner. 6 cell battery. All restore disk and perfect condition.

Also on dell website its still covered under complete care untill like 2008. Although I dont even know what complete care is. Also its covered under some next day stuff too.

SOOO my question is can I turn around and sell this for cash and get something better??? How much should I ask for it. I know I got a super deal and might be able to profit of it some.

OR should I keep it and use it. ???????

Thanks guys!

Tweak486Dx2 said:
Hey new member here! This is my first post!!

Just bought a barely used Latutide D610 for 380$

Specs are : Xp Pro, Pentium m 750 1.86Ghz, 1 gig dual channel, 80gig 7200rpm HD, Radeon X300 64 meg dedicated, High Res screen 1450x1000 something. Cd Burner. 6 cell battery. All restore disk and perfect condition.

Also on dell website its still covered under complete care untill like 2008. Although I dont even know what complete care is. Also its covered under some next day stuff too.

SOOO my question is can I turn around and sell this for cash and get something better??? How much should I ask for it. I know I got a super deal and might be able to profit of it some.

OR should I keep it and use it. ???????

Thanks guys!

I truly hope your not trying to sell this in the forums because that would not be a good thing.

-Forum Staff

Does is look like im trying to sell it? I was simply asking some questions. My selling is done on Ebay.

well where'd you buy it?
and if you dont have a laptop kep it and use it

Tweak486Dx2 said:
Does is look like im trying to sell it? I was simply asking some questions. My selling is done on Ebay.

If you are an ebay seller, then use the advanced search feature for latitude d610 and check the box that says "completed listings only"

This will give you an idea of he going rate

I believe the d600s go for around 250 but, they are not as nice as yours. 500-900 dolalrs seems the going rate for d610

Yea I looked on Ebay and saw what they were going for. Around 500-700 with same specs. I bought mine off Craigslist from a guy who had a bunch of them, this was his cheapest one and he gave me a deal because it didnt have a DVD burner, he wanted 75 more for it.

So far Im pretty happy with it, It can play far cry at almost high settings at the LCD's native resolution.

Ive been pricing around laptops and anything dual core is gonna cost me around 1000$, even if I sell this for 600 I still have to fork out a pretty penny to get what I really want.

I guess im gonna end up keeping it. I would like to swap out the cpu for the Pentium M 760 or even the 780 but they are HELLA expensive!! Anyone know where to get a deal on Pentium M's ??

Tweak486Dx2 said:
Ive been pricing around laptops and anything dual core is gonna cost me around 1000$, even if I sell this for 600 I still have to fork out a pretty penny to get what I really want. ...

For a latop with a good dedicated video card yah, thats going to cost. But Dual core will not.

My aunt bought her aspire turion system for 700 dollars. (circuit city sale IIRC)

Tweak486Dx2 said:
Tweak486Dx2 said:

The answer to that is I don't know but it's a possibility, your a new member and it's entirely plausible your not familiar with the forums policies, I was just making sure we are on the same page.

And yes, it did look like the thread could turn into a solicitation, say a member here send you a Private message asking if you would sell it. I was clarifying the forum rules in the event you did decide to put it up for sale if someone asked.

PS, Welcome to the forums, when you hit 101 posts you will see the hidden for sale area, there you can sell it if your so inclined
wink.gif

Silversinksam said:
The answer to that is I don't know but it's a possibility, your a new member and it's entirely plausible your not familiar with the forums policies, I was just making sure we are on the same page.

And yes, it did look like the thread could turn into a solicitation, say a member here send you a Private message asking if you would sell it. I was clarifying the forum rules in the event you did decide to put it up for sale if someone asked.

PS, Welcome to the forums, when you hit 101 posts you will see the hidden for sale area, there you can sell it if your so inclined
wink.gif

EWWWWWWWW ahhhhhhhhhh the hidden darkness forum lol i want in i want in :D

Actually ive decided to keep the laptop and not sell it. For the last couple of days ive been pricing and im not gonna get anything really better for the amount of money ill spend.

Im actually just gonna wait about a year and see if I can get a good deal on a Pentium M 780 for this sucker! There about 600$ now but maybe theyll be cheaper next year or even this spring.

Back